Issues with the inbox+news section

I've been playing FM since many many years and I always make sure I have about 2000 players on my shortlist (or longlist :p) so that I receive news items when their contract expires or when another team makes a bid, even if it concerns a player i have no interest in signing or is way above my league.

With the new media system this is not possible anymore. Adding players to your shortlist does no longer generate inbox items. So I thought i could subscribe to those players i used to add to my shortlist. This generates items in the news section. But for some reason players seem to disappear for my subscription list.

At some point there were 477 players on my shortlist. I subscribed to each of those players. At first there were 477 players on my subscription list, now there are only 357 left, while i did not unsubscribe to any player. Bit by bit more players disappear from the list. Does anyone know what makes these players disappear from my subscription list? How can I subscribe to a player 'indefinitely'?

However I did notice that some transfer or contract items about shortlisted players still appears in my inbox, but only very few messages. Is there a way to make sure I receive all the contract + transfer items of shortlisted players in my inbox like I used to in previous FMs?

While I applaud the efforts of SI to make the news system customizable, I think it could've been handled better.

Archived