Mac version problem!!

I'm a bit new to this so sorry if there is already a thread or solution for this, but:

installed new copy this afternoon, ran smooth and quick, played for about 30 mins.

Shut it down - came back to it few hours later and the home screen loads with a message saying:

Processing

please wait...

I waited, a long time - nothing.

Rebooted a few times, reinstalled a few times (clearing logs, cache etc.), nothing - until tried one last time, disk drive sounded louder than usual for a few seconds and that message disappeared after a few moments.

Relieved I was, played for a while then had to go out - closed it down again confident it would work next time.

I was wrong - tried it hoping for a late night session - same problem - processing please wait...

Someone please help....!

There are a few people experiencing this issue, it looks like a problem with the disc drive. If you have any method of cleaning the lens it would be worth trying it.

My housemate also got a copy for his windows PC and gave that one a go and got the same issue - you reckon its the actual disk or the disk drive - or maybe compatibility between the two...?

thanks for the help btw...

• SI Staff

I'm hazarding that its the actual drive given I haven't encountered the issue on any of the Macs in our offices throughout the whole testing cycle (or on my home Mac).

We're still looking into the issue of course but it might be worth trying to get a refund on your disc and switching to the eSellerate digital download version as this obviously won't have the disc issue you're experiencing.

Strange - I have The Sims installed on here and that runs with the disk no problem - burning disks etc. has been fine also, so the drive has been working well from that perspective.

Any idea of why it may have worked after the first install and then not from there on...?

I got an iMac 2006 with OS X and a copy of FM10 arsenal edition. I have not problem like this & i hope i wont have one.

I'm saving to buy a new mac hopefully. the only problem I have (not a major one is that my mac is old and I can enjoy the 3D :( same for the FM09.

so maybe it's your mac too old i don't know other wise you should take it (if its a laptop) to Apple bar in their store they might sort it out for you (that's if you have Apple cover).

It is peculiar that it worked before for you, the other people having the issue haven't had it running properly at all from what I can gather.

Just tried turning off my iDisk syncing with my MobileMe account (suggested by a friend, said it sometimes interferes with games) and the game ran without any problems.

Just did this by going System Preferences > MobileMe > iDisk > "Stop"

Hope this help's you solve the problem and fix it for future versions....

Archived