Help needed for patch

Can someone please post an idiots step to step guide on how to download the patch manually. I installed the game offline, downloaded the patch but I dont have a clue where it has went to or how to add it into the game. So im in the process of downloading again so can anyone tell me exactly what to do when its downloaded

Thanks

Can someone please post an idiots step to step guide on how to download the patch manually. I installed the game offline, downloaded the patch but I dont have a clue where it has went to or how to add it into the game. So im in the process of downloading again so can anyone tell me exactly what to do when its downloaded

Thanks

Hi

Once you have the patch (and can find it) all you need to do is double click the patch and it will automatically detect and update your game files.

Cheers!

Thanks

This is the thread I posted this morning. Follow it and I'm sure everything will be ok. Can't promise though. Here it is -

What to do for all those struggling to download the patch - Uninstall the game (yes you heard me right), then reinstall using the internet via steam option, this doesn't mean you have to buy it again, just be patient and the prompts will come up through steam. When the download has completed and it will, then wait yes wait for steam to update the game itself.

You should be waiting about half an hour all in all. And thats that. A successfully downloaded game with the new update and it does work, just tried. You don't get the option of choice of database, the change appears at the top when starting a new game. Originally its 10.0, now it should say 10.1, when you start up. OK. End this thread now. Hope it helps.

This is the thread I posted this morning. Follow it and I'm sure everything will be ok. Can't promise though. Here it is -

What to do for all those struggling to download the patch - Uninstall the game (yes you heard me right), then reinstall using the internet via steam option, this doesn't mean you have to buy it again, just be patient and the prompts will come up through steam. When the download has completed and it will, then wait yes wait for steam to update the game itself.

You should be waiting about half an hour all in all. And thats that. A successfully downloaded game with the new update and it does work, just tried. You don't get the option of choice of database, the change appears at the top when starting a new game. Originally its 10.0, now it should say 10.1, when you start up. OK. End this thread now. Hope it helps.

What do i do though. I dont want to update the game through steam as i didnt activate it just like the OP. So dont 'end this thread now' because that hasnt solved the problem.

I have the same issue - don't want to activate via Steam, but the patch doesn't work

Miles' thread reads...

Boxed PC

If you have installed the game via Steam, the patch is available for download now, from both Torrent and Direct Download options.

PC Torrent Download

PC Direct Download (I dl'd from this link)

PC Direct Download Alternative Link (WorthPlaying)

Does this mean that if you haven't installed via Steam, the patch is not available yet? And if so when will it be?

This is the second time one of my posts has disappeared from this thread?????

I found that the patch works if you add .exe to the name of the downloaded file - then double click on the file to start the self-extractor

Brian - the file will be wherever you saved it on your PC: you get the option where to save when you start the download

Thanks

When I downloaded the patch it didn't download as an .exe file So if this is your problem then right click on the downloaded file, go to properties, rename then just add .exe at the end of the file name and hey presto, double click and it will automatically install where ever you have the game installed.

Archived