peoples problem with steam

can i just ask, is the problem with steam, people who had pre downloaded it before the release date only or people who bought the box version and then installed via steam? or a mixture of the two?

its just it doesnt fill me with confidence all these problems people are having as im going to buy the box version of the game today and then install via steam. Just wondered if it was the people who pre downloaded it that are having the problems?

thanks in advance

i pre-loaded it yday via steam. ive decided to unsinstall fm09 and all fm10 and re-install FM10 via steam this morning. all went well until i tried to load the game....

an error message of 'XML PARSING ERROR' came up stating 'not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of international_detail_level.xml and then my pc rebooted, this has happened an copuple of time now. i have updated directx and windows (xp) and also searched for the error message in files but no luck - anybody else has XML PARSING ERROR and know how to sort out?

i pre-loaded it yday via steam. ive decided to unsinstall fm09 and all fm10 and re-install FM10 via steam this morning. all went well until i tried to load the game....

an error message of 'XML PARSING ERROR' came up stating 'not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of international_detail_level.xml and then my pc rebooted, this has happened an copuple of time now. i have updated directx and windows (xp) and also searched for the error message in files but no luck - anybody else has XML PARSING ERROR and know how to sort out?

i think this is covered in the FM10 FAQ which is a sticky and has a link at the top of the thread too

Thanks

ben

Archived