Team cant keep a lead

I am in my second season now as udinese and i am expected to come in top half of table. I am around that position but my team go 2 or 3 nil up in a match and then it just all gets bad bad and my team end up drawing the match

can someone tell me what is going wrong or away to fix this

I am in my second season now as udinese and i am expected to come in top half of table. I am around that position but my team go 2 or 3 nil up in a match and then it just all gets bad bad and my team end up drawing the match

can someone tell me what is going wrong or away to fix this

Its most definetly your tatics, you either play very attacking or leave players on who are tired.

Try playing a more balanced game once you have the lead and use counter attacking to pick them off as they try and get back in the game. When ever i get a late goal to equalize or win, i play narrow and through the middle and it works 99% of the time but could be a dangerous tatic if there is quit a lot of time left in the game

when teams go up 2 or 3 nil in real life you'll find they very rarely continue to attack.

teh reason is that there's no need to. when you attack you obviously leave space behind you and there's no reason to take the risk.

also constantly attacking is tiring.

slow the game down,keep posession,drop a DM in for a striker and see out the game.

Well i have been changing around my tactics every few games to try and get the right one. i suppose i play very attacking most of the time. So thanks for the tips people anythingelse is welcome.

Make sure your tempo isn't fast, go from attacking to neutral or even defensive. Turn up time-wasting. Personally I leave off counter-attacking because I find that if they have a good center back he can intercept a long pass and head it all the way back up to an attacking position for them.

When the AI is down at the end of the match, it usually goes to a 4-2-4 which can cause trouble with all of the extra attackers.

So, whenever I have a lead going into the 75th minute or so, I switch to a tactic that is very defensively minded (Time wasting, deep fullbacks, all attackers stay back, etc.) and it usually is able to slow down the 4-2-4 quite a bit.

Archived