[FM09] Two great careers

Champman

Me and my mate have been playing a network session for the past 6 - 8 months and have racked up over 13 days game time in all, currently we are in season 2017 - 2018 and have both accumulated many honours in the game, and are both very much in the hunt for more.

The reason I write this thread just now is to try and mediate between the two of us, who has had the better career, as when the new FM comes out in October, both myself and my mate are fighting for 1st choice, with Man City the early favourite first choice for the victor.

Lets start with me ( Steven ). My career history goes something like this;

Began with Everton, won 2 Uefa Cups, 1 League Cup, and finished consecutively higher in the league each season, but was unable to grab the top spot, missing out in 2nd place twice. At which point I moved on to Roma who were mid table when I took over just before Christmas season 2014 - 2015. I guided Roma to a top 4 finish season 2014 - 2015, before embarking on a mammoth rebuilding job including the 50 million captures of fabregas and torres ( 50 million each ), but this brought me the Serie A title as well as the Champions League in season 2015 - 2016. I continued into the next season winning the Italian Super Cup as well as the European Supercup, followed swiftly by the World Club Cup ( its a given i know ) and culminating in the Serie A title but sadly losing in the champions league final to Barca and a wondergoal from Messi in extra time. Currently in season 2017 - 2018 and blew it a little this year by over egging it a bit with signings, but rectified things a bit at christmas by having a big clear out and bringing in some new blood to claw it back from 12 points behind at my lowest ebb to now being 5 points behind AC milan with 6 games to go, including an away game at the San Siro against AC milan, as well as being in the quarters of the Champions league. Add to this that I am English Nationality in the game and have guided England to the World Cup in the upcoming summer, all in all a very good career so far with room for more honours yet to come.

The auld enemy tho, my mate that is ( Alan ), his career goes something like this;

He began life as Villa Manager, finished above me 2 seasons out the first three, but both times outside the top 4, he did however win the FA cup and 2 league cups, but mid way though the third season, after intervention by an unabmitious board ( they sold Aguero to Barca behing his back ), he moved onwards and upwards to become the Inter Milan manager. After guiding them to Champions league football over the course of his first season in charge, and winning the Italian Cup, he followed this the next season by winning the Serie A title. He made the cardinal sin the following season by siging too many players, and found himself unable to defend his Serie A title, and when the oppertunity arose, he was unveiled as the Arsenal Manager three quarters of the way through the 2015 - 2016 season, where he battled Arsenal back into the top 4, as well as guiding them all the way to the Champions League Final, where he was well beaten by yours truly ( fair enuff it wasnt his own team yet ). following season tho 2016 - 2017 he triumphantly took Arsenal to the Title, but once again failed to nail that elusive European trophy. Currently he is topping the table in England, and has booked his place in the Champions League Quarter Finals. On top of this he has also booked his place in the 2018 World Cup Finals with .... wait for it .. Brasil, even tho his Nationality is Scottish. Giving him a very good chance of winning a World Cup.

We reckon we will get this season, the World Cup and one more Grand Finale of a season in before we need to decide whos the Champ Manager.

It would tho be good to hear other peoples opinions on these ... two great football stories....

cheers for your response guys.

We've been playin since my post and neither of us wn the world cup im afraid, Alan did take the lge and fa cup double last season with arsenal, and unfortunately i cudnt claw back that huge deficit against ac milan to take the lge, missing out and coming in 2nd, winning the italian cup tho, and once again losin the champions league final to .... low and behold my old team everton, who reinstated david moyes when i left, but who has done a great job.

so in season 2017 - 2018 Alan aka Arsenal did better, i reached the semi's of the world cup with england, he got knocked out at the quarters against germany .. in a pentaly shootout lol, so we are now just kicking off the deciding season. I'd say its pretty much even stevens what wiv my two lg titles and a champions lge, and his 3 lge titles.

again id be intrested in any comments

Archived