Injuries differences?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, when players get injured in a match (which happens too much for a single team), It sometimes show a black injury icon and you can still continue with your player, but I always change it, there is another White-Red icon which makes the player miss many weeks, if not months, and whenever it happens, you have to substitute, can anybody define each for me, and whether I can just take the black injury player out to recover and then get him back in? (or something like that)

A black (or green) injury symbol means the player has taken a knock but can still continue to play if you want/have to leave him on

A red injury symbol means the player has to come off as his injury is such that he cannot continue the game

As for severity, these symbols mean little really. I have players who have red crosses in games who turn out not to be injured afterwards and I also have players pick up knocks who turn out to be out for months

If I understand your last sentence correctly, then the answer is no, once the player has been taken off the pitch, you can't put him back on

Archived