Player Burn out?

cesc86

Would someone explain to me what is burn-out? I heard that it is caused by playing young players too often. But why would that be bad for the player? I have a 17 year-old that I want to put into the first team, hence i want to know if I would cause him more harm than good.

Well, I've never found it to be a big problem tbh. As long as you keep giving the player a break every now and then, it's very unlikely that he'll get to that stage. A player can easily play around 50 games a season without the "Rst" sign next to his name.

Just player your youngster but give him a game off after every 10 games or so. Maybe even give him a couple of days off training as well. You'll be fine I'm sure. :thup:

Often if you play youth players (i.e. U-20s) too much they will stall in their development. Mainly applies to players who have very high PA but are not up to standard yet. So if you play a 18 yr old who has the potential to become a leading prem league player but is currnetly only a good championship player you will find that his development may stall due to playing with players of too high a level for him week in week out. Doesn't really apply to wonderkids.

Archived