Players praised by media - Poor performances afterwards

Right so a little back story.

Im current in the 2015-16 season with Hibernian in the SPL (Network game), Ive built them up into a good team that regularly beats the old firm at home and some times away... and ive split the OF 3 times and beat both twice as far as the league goes, as well as doing well in europe (beat Chelsea at home twice now).

The thing is that recently both my main strikers have been banging in the goals, 5-6 hat tricks in total so far this season and its only mid Nov.

*player naming*

Walter is in his 3rd season at the club and Kleber has just started for me this summer.

Kleber got off to a great start and is on 20+ goals in all comps, Walter has got about 18 so far IIRC.

Now the problem is that the media in the game have started taking note and are coming out and saying that both players are class and that they are the best example of how to play football etc. etc. etc. (not other managers trying to poach them... but the actual media) With headlines like "Walter-rific" etc..

Shortly after that both players have been very average in games, not scoring from several chances they would normaly take with ease.

Im not worried too much as i think its only temporary and they will get back on form soon...

But is it possible that the media are putting too much responsiblity on my strikers and they cant handle it? And if so... is there anything i can do to get them back to form?

Cheers.

Archived