fm09 problem

I bought fm09 and got the problem unable to set up graphics. I decided to buy a new graphics card, to be honest i needed abit of an upgrade anyway, and some extra ram. I installed 09 and bingo it worked. A few weeks ago out of the blue when I tried loading the game I got a unable to set up graphics error. I uninstalled it and re-installed it but get the same error. I decided to go back to 08 and I am really enjoying it but just thought I would post this as fm10 will be coming out soon. I have a NVIDIA Geforce 6200 graphics card. It puzzled me?.

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

When downloading this file please use the Firefox browser as some people have encounter difficulties when using Internet Explorer

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Also if you are running Steam, make sure this is not running when attempting to install

Have you tired this? It's from the known issues thread linked to in the forum header for what it's worth :thup:

Archived