RAR files

1. Extract your downloadYour download is likely to be in one of 4 formats:

.zip

.rar

.7z

.fmf

If you file is .fmf format then skip to section 2 but the first three are all compressed formats that you'll need to extract first. You're going to need some software installed to be able to do that (choose which one depending on your Operating System):

Windows XP/2000/Vista: 7-Zip (Choose the most recent .exe. At time of writing it's this)

MacOS X: The Unarchiver

7-Zip is installed using the .exe you download. To install The Unarchiver simply double click on the .zip file you download from their website then drag the program it extracts (called 'The Unarchiver') into your apps folder.

Once installed, create a new folder somewhere you can keep track of (on your desktop for instance) and place your downloaded graphics zip, rar or 7z in it. Now we extract:

Windows: Right click on your zip, rar or 7z. Choose 7-Zip from the menu, then select 'Extract Here'.

MacOS X: Right click (or ctrl + click) on your zip, rar or 7z. Choose 'open with' then select 'The Unarchiver'.

From this thread

Yeah, should take a while to install as it's a pretty big file iirc. It's been a while since I installed it, but from what I remember you install it the way you'd install anything else - just double click the file and go though the install wizard.

Yeah, should take a while to install as it's a pretty big file iirc. It's been a while since I installed it, but from what I remember you install it the way you'd install anything else - just double click the file and go though the install wizard.

Okay mate, once the wizards done, If I double click FMRTE, should it then work?

Archived