The 'Get Promoted From Each Division' Challenge

The Aim

To get promoted from each division in the English league system.

The Catch

After each successive promotion you must resign from your current team and get a job with a team in the league above.

e.g. after promotion from Blue Square North/South you must get a job with a new club in the Blue Square Premier.

The Rules

Load all the English leagues (and I would advise loading the Welsh league purely so you can start in June rather than July, this of course is optional) with whichever database size you wish with attribute masking, real players and transfer budget boxes ticked and the key staff box unticked. No addtional players from any nation should be loaded.

Take control of any team in the Blue Square North/South that takes your fancy, with Automatic reputation.

Now attempt to win promotion to the Blue Square Premier by any means. If you fail to gain promotion, you must remain with the same team. After the final game of the season in which you are promoted, you must resign as manager and wait for a job at a Blue Square Premier team to become available and apply for the job. Whilst waiting for a job in the BSP, feel free to take a new job in the BSN/S but as soon as a BSP job becomes available you must take it. Repeat up the league system until you win the Premier League.

If at any point you are sacked you should find a new job in the same league.

If you are relegated you may either take a new job in the same league or attempt to win promotion back into the league with the same club, in which case you do not have to resign when you win promotion.

You should not move clubs except in the above two instances.

International management is permitted.

You may sign any players, scoutable or not.

Use of external utilities (e.g. FMScout) should not be used and edited databases should also not be used.

Posting Rules

Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Please use screenshots for any aspect of your game you wish to share - this is actively encouraged!

Progress of your career should be documented using this thread, we want to hear the story of your career all the way through. Please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly, as I undoubtably will be! Try to include your career history at the end of each post.

How to Post a Screenshot

While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

Save the file as a JPEG

Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket

Post the direct Url to the image here.

Since I have only just started playing this challenge myself, I'm sure I, and you, will find the need to add new rules so please let me know if you have any suggestions on improving this challenge.

Good Luck.

A simple challenge Dances, I like it. Once you go from BSN/S to BSP, the BSP clubs should be knocking on the door anyway as you're a successful manager. And the same as you move up each division. I'd be tempted to add something for the Premiership though at the end or else it will be an anti climax. What about after you've been promoted from the Championship to the Premiership, you resign and take a Premiership job and you have to win the title. You could then end it there or add another resignation and move to another club to win the Champions League?

I'd also suggest a leaderboard. Could be simply whoever takes the fewest seasons.

EDIT: May try this challenge later though - it's a bit like Dafuges challenge but simpler so it could be a good way to prepare for Dafuges.

Archived