Can't hold my leads.

I'm from Estonia and my English isn't the best but I hope You understand.

I am in my first season with City and I just waste any lead i get.

In the quarter finals of the Uefa cup I won the first leg aggainst Fiorentina 3:1 away.In the second leg at home my team just didn't want to play any defence and withh 12 minutes in to the game they were 3:0 ahead.The game ended with the same score and I was out of the competition.In the next came against Liverpool I was leading 3:0 at half time and I was able to lose the came 3:4!How is this possible?After the 3:0 lead i but my teams aproach to more defensive but the possesion was still level and I was even having better chances to score but they just ended every last one of their strikes with a goal.The same thing has tortured me through all the season.I don't think it's my team talks because I have read the guides for team talks and follow them usualy.What to I have to do to win games where I'm leading?

In my opinion, moral. And team talks.

Other than the normal, such as tactics, resent form of your team, such as formations how long the team have played together, have you played the same formation for a while. Being injury free/Full of injuries.

Then it just boils down to tactics, so if the tactics are fine then it's moral. I think it's how my team are un-performing, as I am not being harsh on some and releasing the pressure on others. MOral and what you say in team talks at times really, really count.

Fatigue could be an issue. When you are pressing all over the pitch for 90 minutes then you're players will inevitably tire and become more prone to lapses in concentraton. Try to balance it out and maybe rotate the few players that have stamina below 12. Also, when you are winning at half-time teamtalks are tricky. I usually go with "Don't let your performance drop" if i'm playing at home and "Pleased" if I'm playing away. Always praise your players more when you're playing away.

Try to employ short passing when you have a lead, especially on wide pitches, because it forces the opposition to run around and tire easily and you retain possesion so less chance of conceding.

Thank's for the answers it really helped.I don't thn it is my team talks and the morale of the hole starting eleven was superb su i don't think it was the morale as well.But Suge may have been right and it was my tactics.I had lost all the big games so far but with using your advises when I played Arsenal I was able to turn the 1:0 half time lead into a 3:0 away win.Thanks!

Thank's for the answers it really helped.I don't thn it is my team talks and the morale of the hole starting eleven was superb su i don't think it was the morale as well.But Suge may have been right and it was my tactics.I had lost all the big games so far but with using your advises when I played Arsenal I was able to turn the 1:0 half time lead into a 3:0 away win.Thanks!

Archived