[FM09] São José - The worst team in Brazil?

jack_man

The Badge

Yes, thats the best badge I can find!

Database:9.3.0 (Large)

Leagues Loaded:Argentina (Second division and above), Brazil (Third division and above)

Using FM09 with no edits

Past experience: Semi professional footballer because I am... well near enough:D

Why did I choose São José? I don't know, I guess I wanted to play somewhere "a bit different" but the start of season expectation was "don't get outclassed too often!"

Season 2009 Transfers

In: Jean Carlos - Striker - Free

Leonardo - CB/DMC/CM - Free

William Simon - Striker - Internacional ( Feeder club loan)

Mauricio - MC/AMC/FC - Free

All of these players except Simon are a great improvement to the squad; Simon costs me no wages so I just though he could do a job on the bench before I realised just how many strikers I had. 14 in total! I can see more being players added to the out list :) Jean Carlos and Mauricio are first choice strikers and banging them in whereas Leonardo is an absolute beast, 20 for heading and 17 for strength. Averaging 7.28 a game so far.

Out: Neverton - Striker - Rolim de moura (Free)

Samuel Rosa - Striker - Internacional (Pre agreed £12K)

We play in the Gaucho state championship group A, this is the equivalent of every team from a certain county playing each other in a league to decide who plays in the FA cup! I currently sit second after six games, I will add screenies to this tomorrow BTW

So the Gaucho state championship regular season is over and I must say I'm quite happy with it. Gremio were always going to win so I was playing to be the best of the rest. At the start of the season I wanted to play the "Brazilian way" and it worked for a short while but then I started struggling to break down the 4-2-2-2 formation with 2 DMC's and 2 CM's used by most of the teams because I was outnumbered through the centre and my wingers aren't great so towards the end I played 3 central midfielders which work well and seen me scrape through \o/

ve885f.jpg

142wo60.jpg

a9xnkp.jpg

Easilly the game of the season was Sapercaisese away. My joy when the penalty hit the post and then the despair when the rebound rolled in!

The star man was the new boy Leonardo! Rock at the back and chipped in with a few goals; what more do you want from a centre back?!?

24nffia.jpg

I will be doing small match reports for the big games such as the knock-out rounds I'm about to play! Stupid IMG code! Trust me this would have looked much tidier but I used the wrong upload links /o\

Quarter Finals

I was drew against Inter SM with the first leg to be played at their place. They have no players who looked particurly threatening so I was feeling confident until the 8 minute mark when Vagner broke through and smashed it top corner but it wasn't long til we equalised when Leonardo rose in the box to power in a header from a corner (not using cheat/bug/glitch/exploit) after 14 minutes. First half continued with Inter piling on the pressure and Vagner was at the heart of it so I decided to try and kick him out of the game! I succeded in stopping him but Jonas scored a 30 yard screamer to put me 2-1 down. Inter continued to dominate but I held out.

Full time: Inter 2-1 Sao Jose

Second leg- Down 1 goal so attack from the off? Not a chance! I went slightly more defensive to make sure I wasn't out of it early. My

decision appeared to be a master stroke when I scored early on through an O.G. The first half was a game of chess before Bottin made it 2-0 from the edge of the box\o/ 2-0 up at half time. Lovely :) The second half continued in the same fashion with not a lot happening but Mauricio made it 3-0 after a great cross from Bottin. What have these lads been eating?!?!

Full time: Sao Jose 3-0 Inter Aggregate: Sao Jose 4-2 Inter

Nice, keep it up.

I feel Brazilian league is the best league in the game.

Starting a Brazilian adventure my self. not sure what team yet.

Most likely one from Gaucho since Gremio is my favorite team.

Archived