searching for players question and possible suggestion

You might already be able to do what i am about to suggest but if not then could it be added to future versions of FM possibly ?

I have made a new tactics that requires Wing backs my problem is that when i search for players to occupy these positions they can usually play in the full back role as well, so the problem is that when they give me a report they only tell me how good these players are in the full back roll, they only ever say XYZ could be used as a wing back if needed as a secondary role.

so what i am suggesting is that you should be able to tell the scout which position to scout a player in if the player has multiple positions, currently i am having to second guess how good a play will be for the wing back role even if he is a "natural" in FB and WB roles, going on the scouts star rating and what he says about the player.

so unless you can already do this and i have totally missed it could something like this be added, after all if a manager wanted a player they would send their scouts out to judge the player(s) on the position they were wanting them for.

Yes this would be a good idea, the scout compiles the same report as a coach would on players in your team (there's an option for the coach to rate another position the player plays in). In your case though Full Backs and Wing Backs are very similar so you'll probably get the same report on each seperate position anyway.

yeah i know about the coach :)

i know what your saying about the positions being very similar but id still like to be "sure" of the actual rating for that position as well before i try and buy the player(s).

also, in the new tactic i created my wing backs play more like out and out wingers when attacking, some times while watching the game i cannot believe how far forward they get, so while i do try and look for players with good attacking skills for this position it would be nice to know know that they are very good at this role, in fact for the amount of defending they do they could be better attacking wing backs then they are full backs and i would not mind..

Archived