Preseason fitness

So I took over Hoffenheim and even before I played my first friendly I noticed that their fitness is 65-90% (all of them) and after the match they regain fitness at snail pace even 5 days after the match.

What's the deal?

My training schedule was from here so its overall is medium (just short of heavy)

The weirdest part is the ones who are still are ~60% fitness since I've substituted my first teamers before the hour mark in the friendly. I suppose that the team is just tired from something from the beginning

If its before your first pre season friendly, your players aren't match fit yet. Give them some playing time before the season starts and they'll be right as rain.

And tell them to lay off the sauerkraut!

My training schedule was from here so its overall is medium (just short of heavy)

The weirdest part is the ones who are still are ~60% fitness since I've substituted my first teamers before the hour mark in the friendly. I suppose that the team is just tired from something from the beginning

It doesn't matter is your overall schedule, medium , heavy or light .What it counts is how much of physical part of training is involves. Fitness and Aerobic would cause them regenerate stamina slower , plus as above poster mentioned to early in season and that will happened to.

Generally i give players at least 2 weeks before i play any friendlies.

Archived