Having some trouble with Tactics > Instructions > Player Instructions

Hi, I'm very new to FM and as the threads name suggests, I'm having some trouble with individual player instructions.

This is most notable during set pieces. For example, I always like to keep a midfielder outside the penalty box during corner kicks so he can attempt a long range shot.

When I first decided to use this strategy, it worked well, the chosen player did indeed stay outside the area, and ended up scoring the occasional goal.

I've changed no settings or the like, but now the player will not stay outside the area and will always join the rest of his teammates inside the box, where he is very ineffective.

By all rights, he should stay out, seeing as that's what I've got him set to do, but my instruction is ignored and as I said, he doesn't do as told. I've tried changing mentality and other tactics and the like, but to no avail.

I am lost as to why this is happening, and would appreciate any light anyone can shed on this.

Thanks

Hi, I'm very new to FM and as the threads name suggests, I'm having some trouble with individual player instructions.

This is most notable during set pieces. For example, I always like to keep a midfielder outside the penalty box during corner kicks so he can attempt a long range shot.

When I first decided to use this strategy, it worked well, the chosen player did indeed stay outside the area, and ended up scoring the occasional goal.

I've changed no settings or the like, but now the player will not stay outside the area and will always join the rest of his teammates inside the box, where he is very ineffective.

By all rights, he should stay out, seeing as that's what I've got him set to do, but my instruction is ignored and as I said, he doesn't do as told. I've tried changing mentality and other tactics and the like, but to no avail.

I am lost as to why this is happening, and would appreciate any light anyone can shed on this.

Thanks

Is it the same midfielder you've always used? If not there may be something different about his mental attributs that causes him to get into the box.

Have you set the player to swap positions with any other player during the game?

Have you adjusted the creative freedom of the team or this individual player at all? If so this could be the cause as rasing the creative freedom of a player or the team is a bit like telling them to not worry as much about your instructions but to try the things that come naturally to them.

In terms of the players corner instructions have you got him set to 'Outside Area' or 'Attack ball from deep'? 'Outside Area' will mean the player will lurk outside the area whereas 'Attack ball from deep' will mean that the player will start outside the area but run into the box as the corner is taken to attack the ball.

Just to add to my above post, I assume you're playing FM08? If so which patch are you using? Also, did you start the game you're talking about on an earlier patch and then continue the save on a more updated patch? This may explain why it suddenly stopped working.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Have you adjusted the creative freedom of the team or this individual player at all? If so this could be the cause as rasing the creative freedom of a player or the team is a bit like telling them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I am playing FM08.

I have installed the latest patch, but my use of this midfielder (Maniche), only occurred after i installed the patch, and as I said, it worked the first few matches perfectly, and to add, Maniche is the only one in my team who I have given this instruction to. As far as creative freedom goes, I have it set on team, and yes I am very very certain that I have it set on "outside area" as opposed to "attack ball from deep". Still not working :S

In that case I've no idea why your midfielder isn't staying where you put him.

Could you post a screenshot of both your team instructions and the player in questions individual instructions. If you could grab a screenshot of the players position during a corner that would also be very useful.

Just by odd happening, I haven't been given a corner kick in my last 4 games icon_confused.gif but when I'll do, I'll post one of the players position on the field during the corner, but for the time being I can say hes pretty much standing on the 6-yard box line.

Here are the team/player instructions

fm08maniche2un1.th.jpg

fm08maniche3ui8.th.jpg

Having looked at the screenshots I cant see anything wrong with your team or player instructions. I have noticed that you've left your corner distribution on mixed (team instructions)

If you change that to whatever the option is to encourage the corner taker to aim for the edge of the area does it make any difference?

If not you might want to post this in the bus forum and if possible upload your save to their server, unless anyone else here has any other ideas why this might be happen?

Archived