Unrealistic odds

I'm top of the table in league 2 as Altrimcham (only team that offered me a job when I started off in BSP). I'm 17 games in and have a record of 11W 4D 2L with a 26 goal differential.

This is my 2nd save and I noticed in both saves regardless of my table position I'm almost always the underdog.

It just seems so unrealistic. I'm top of the table and I'm playing away to the 15th place team but my opponents are the slight favorite. This seems to happen most of the time unless I'm up against a relegation candidate.

Something SI needs to sort out for the next version.

FM09 Heathxxx Management Approach (Lower League Edition)

Been there, done that, moaned about match odds as well ;)

Altrincham are probably one of the three lowest reputation clubs in the BSP at the start and it takes some time for their reputation to match most of their opponents, making them perpetual underdogs. You'll probably notice after about the halfway point in the season that you will actually begin to become evens or sligh favorites to win games.

Just be careful when responding to meadia questions about who you think will win the league. If you say your team, even if your miles ahead in the league, some players may feel pressurised or unhappy. If you say someone else, you'll no doubt upset your fans. So, best to go with "no comment" and not upset anyone.

It quite amused me in my current Granada CF save what odds I was given for the Liga adelante in Spain, having won promotion the previous season at a canter from the Segunda B4. My team is quoted at 50 to 1, yet I know different having strengthened my squad and also having comfortably beaten Sevilla and Betis in pre-season ;)

It just seems so unrealistic. I'm top of the table and I'm playing away to the 15th place team but my opponents are the slight favorite. This seems to happen most of the time unless I'm up against a relegation candidate.

Something SI needs to sort out for the next version.

For away games you will need to be absolute runaway favourites to get better odds. The team that is 15th might also have ok home form (possible WWXLW), whereas their away form might be terrible.

This is also in real life as well (Not so evident in football, but baseball and basketball are prime examples of where home advantage is large, even for a relatively poor team)

FM09 Heathxxx Management Approach (Lower League Edition)

Good read on the guide Heathxxx. Read it a while back but just reread it.

I also started off as a 'sunday league player' for my managers background for the added challenge so got a couple of boys who find it hard to motivate themselves for me but I always put them in their place.

FYI: I heavily rely on loan players from the prem, all of them from the reserves but in BSP or L2 they are excellent. I found that 1/2 of them are available on a free transfer after they go back and their contract is up. I added 2 of them this way to my regular squad.

Archived