Compensation

Hi, first of all, sorry if this is in the wrong board. Anyways, I have a "quick" question: I've noticed that whenever I move on to a new club, it is done in a way in which, after I accept the offer from the new club and continue, I automatically resign from my current club, and then sign for the new one. So my question is this: Does my old club not get any compensation?

When ever a team comes in for one of your coaches, or you try and sign a coach from another team, compensation is always a factor, as in real life. IRL this is also the case with managers - the board put a price on their manager's contract, and if a club wants to talk to him, they have to match that price. You only have to look at the recent news that Reading were unwilling to pay the compensation Peterborough wanted for them to talk to Darren Ferguson.

As far as I can see though, this doesn't happen in the game, and takes away a bit of authenticity. It also doesn't show continuity, as compensation is a factor with the coaching staff, like I said.

Certainly, in the game it says your chairman will put up a fight to keep you, but does he really? It doesn't seem as though that is the case, and certainly no money is ever mentioned, in the press or otherwise.

I think it would be much more realistic if, when a new club was interestend in acquiring your services, the board would put a price on you, and only if that club could match it could they offer you a contract. I think the whole thing needs to be more dragged out, as it is IRL, with the media being more involved. When there are job vacancies IRL there is always speculation and the whole thing normally goes on for days or weeks. I'd like to see press conferences called to discuss your future, or your chairman giving an interview to the local/national press on your future. I'd like to see the manner in which you leave more of a factor in whether you part with the club and the board on good terms, as of corse, there is nothing stopping managers resigning and then moving on (look at what Alan Pardew done at Reading when John Madejski didn't let hime talk to West Ham).

Basically I feel that this whole thing could be made much more interesting and realistic, and I think this isn't impossible to implement in the next game.

I just noticed the other night in the transfer out screens (staff) compensation payments. Eg. Benitez from Liverpool to Real, 1M. So it's in for AI managers; you'd need to check your club's transfer out (staff) screen after your sacking to see if it applies to human managers too.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I never noticed that staff section in the transfers screen, so I didn't know about that. Having looked at it, it does seem fairly basic, and having seen muy coach taken for 500k compensation, the funds where not shown in my balance, so is it just a show? I think, like I said, the whole thing could be improved to make it more realistic. It doesn't seem as though the board are negotiating the compensation, so that would be a good feature for the future - depending on how valuable you are to the board, the compensation goes up. Maybe I should post this on the future suggestions board.

Archived