I could not find a topic about MOVING FILE from a Mac to a PC

More information is needed. But if you mean a save game just put it onto a memory stick and put it in it's new place.

Thats doesnt work as far as i know.

You can't take the Mac files to a PC and edit them on a PC and then back to your Mac.

Because the game in PC mode saves the game on a different type of file then in Mac mode.

You can't take the Mac files to a PC and edit them on a PC and then back to your Mac.

Because the game in PC mode saves the game on a different type of file then in Mac mode.

Oh okay, thanks for the reply.

It is generally impossible to move the save game from Mac to a PC right? Although I think I have seen a way to get around, but I still couldn't find that post.

Anyway, thanks so much.

That's not true! It's the same file-type ".fm" for the savegame. And I have transferred savegames from pc to mac and vice versa several times and played them without problems. Not with Football Manager 2009 but the file-type hasn't changed since the older versions.

It's necessary to have the same football manager patch level on both machines, same skins and so on. Just put the savegame on a memory stick, plug it to the mac an d put the savegame into "/Users/your name/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/games".

edit: Just saw that you want to bring the file from mac to pc. No problem, but i don't know the correct place for the savegame on pc at the moment.

Frank

Archived