Marquee player (Australian A-league) – strange behavior of the game.

I started to play in Australian A-league and at the beginning I observed a strange thing:

At the bottom of the squad screen (under squad list) there are a few informations and rules (for example foreign players limit etc), and one of them is a limit of “star”-status players (allowed one), but it indicates, that in my team there is no “star” player.

I tried to check other teams and in each team number of star players is zero.

So I would like to know, who may be the player with “star” status, and how can I designate him. I think, that it is marquee player, but I know, that it is impossible to designate him in FM and he is the highest earning player excluded automatically from salary cap.

And another thing:

At the beginning of the game, the highest earning player in Perth Glory team is goalkeeper Juric. He earns ca. 10000 euro a week. (ca. three times more than second player). When I tried to offer a new contract to him, the board allowed the same very high level.

But I conducted a small experiment. Using the editor, I removed Juric from my squad. So at the beginning of the game the highest earning player in my team earned less than 3000 euro. I tried to offer him a new contract, but my board allowed to offer only ca. 3000 euro contract.

The same problem is connected with players-stars, who I would like to buy by the transfers. I can’t offer them the suitable contract. The board allows only ca. 3000 euro.

I would like to know, how can I force the board to allow higher contracts for the best player.

Archived