shopping manager 2009

First excuse me for my for english,it is not my first language.I have been playing(and i mean a lot) CM and FM SINCE 1999 AND I think this series is the best manager sim ever.But something was boiling inside me for the last few months and here it is:

-this years version should have been called shopping manager 2009.why? I will only give a few reasons but on every save i have them dozens.it is impossible to play with a so called little teams.every player that i buy and that has good potential after only a few months there are worlds best teams wanting them.it is ok but a lot of this players are not playing for my side so i cant really understand why arsenal,barca, milan etc. are interested.For a player to play in these teams they must have at least a few stellar seasons in they own club,which in fm2009 is simply not the case.Just for example,i was playing with poli timisoara and as many know they have a great young goalkeeper costel pantillimion.He was my back-up but at least 15 top clubs where interested in him.it is very unrealistic because he hasnt played 10 games over 3 years.ON top of that he was unhappy and wanted to move to bigger club all the time.WHAT BIGGER CLUB? you havent played 10 games you MORON!!! When i buy a good prospect it seems that all the world want him(even if he has 1 goal and 2 assists in one year) so all my players have wanted icon and it really is not fun to play.cmon guys,he says that he has achieved all at this club and he is only been here for 7-8 months.I know these players have good potential,but a few assists and goals and all of a sudden the hole europe wants you.I could go on forever but i think you get my point.And i would like to thank SI for killing my last save with the stupidity that goes on for years.FM should be a game in which you can transform a smaller club into a bigger one.My last save was with bari and i gained promotion in 2 years.My average attendance was 5000(the stadium has 58000 all-seater) and i thought ok,we will see in serie a.NOW in my second season in serie a, and i am 4th midway through the season but my average att.is 11000.I have 6000 season ticket holders.What i am trying to say is that you cant feel the euphoria of becoming a great team.I mean i beat inter and 20000 is watching(OF 580000 POSSIBLE).it IS THESE LITTLE FINESSES THAT ARE STILL MISSING and it has really turned me off.YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FEEL THAT YOU ARE BECOMING A GREATER TEAM,BUT YOU REALLY ARE NOT FEELING THAT.for me it is a big part of this game that is still missing but hopefully you will make it right.

p.s. sorry for the big post;)

The top clubs are interested in your goalkeeper because he has a high Potential Ability, which is not all that unreasonable. Even though he's not yet the best goalie at your club, he's clearly got the potential to be great. It's not unreasonable that a club with the resources of Arsenal/Barcelona/Milan would be able to scout him and spot his potential.

@Jack Rudd

I could agree with you to some point,but lets face it is kinda silly to see all your players being wanted.For example i buy Ivan Ivanov(good bulgarian centre-back) and i have trouble keeping him for year,he already wants to move to bigger club.I know he has a great potential(i have seen him on other saves in top teams) but he has only played a few games so there is really no need for him to want to move to bigger club.if the real world players acted like in FM then for example players like Angelo Palombo(sampdoria),Vagner Love(cska),and so on would have left their clubs a few years ago.I am from croatia and both eduardo and modrić destroyed croatian league before moving to epl.IF it was fm they would move after one year,just because of their potantial!

Archived