Suddenly can't get any success

Since installing the 9.03 update, all of my previous football manager knowledge seems to have gone down the pan! before installing it, i started unemployed in my season, got promoted from league 2, and then league 1, i then installed the update and since then nothing will work. I've been sacked 3 times, used tactics that are proven to work and should, yet i can't get anywhere. Anyone else had this problem? I'm now in 2018 and do not wont to lose 19 days of play time! Seems ridiculous that suddenly I cant get any success. Sadly as many others have found, this isn't my first problem with football manager 2009! Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Visit the Tactics and Training Tips forum, especially the "Tactical Theorems and Frameworks" thread.

It sounds like your tactic was well-designed to exploit a flaw in the Match Engine in 9.2.0 and earlier. The ME has been adjusted in 9.3.0, and a number of exploits which were discovered in FML have been adjusted.

That doesn't mean you're out to sea - it just means you need to treat 9.3.0 as a "new FM" and suss out your tactics again.

Archived