Contract renewal

One of my players i asking for more than I can offer. everytime I offer the maximum I can, he stills says something about a better basic salary. If i set this to my Ass Man to do this would he sign for me?

I doubt it, then again it doesn't hurt to try, what have you got to lose? The thing is, I don't think you can actively tell your AM to start contract negotiations with a given player, you just have to tick the 'AM handles contract negotiations' box and the AM will decide when to start negotiations. Of course you also run the risk of your AM negotiating contracts with other players... just be careful of that.

Have you tried adjusting your wage budget with excess transfer funds? If you have a fair amount left it can make a big difference.

I assume you've tried making up with the difference with a big signing on fee and maximum bonus payments? If he still refuses after that unfortunately there isn't much you can do... either cut your losses and sell the player before his contract runs out or wait for the new season to start and hopefully getting a bigger wage budget from the board.

If he's refusing to re-sign then I would sell him before its too late and someone gets him on a pre-contract for free. Before you put him on the transfer list though check to see if there is a player with similar (or better stats) available for a reasonable price so you can get a replacement thats as good.

One of my players i asking for more than I can offer. everytime I offer the maximum I can, he stills says something about a better basic salary. If i set this to my Ass Man to do this would he sign for me?

Maybe offer some lucrative bonuses to entice the player to sign a contract. If you have a good balance try a good signing on fee otherwise offer wage rises, appearance fees, goal/clean sheet bonuses.

I had this problem before with Nani. He wanted 60k a week to sign a new deal.

I set him to "Not Needed by Club" and stuck him in the reserves and he signed the following week for 40k a week.

Try taking a firm line with him, see if he actually has the guts to demand a move if you refuse him.

Archived