How do i generate interest in the players i want to loan out?

Im Liverpool and have a whole reserve team of good young players i want to loan out, including 2 top players. However, after listing these players for loan and 'offering to clubs' (loan) i get no interest in any of them =S surely somebody would take Marko Marin or Alan Dzagoev free for a season!?!?!?

Ive had this problem for a while and the best way ive found of getting around it is to to transfer list the player then offer on loan, i was just wondering if theres a better way or if the game is just poor in this area.

Currently all my young players are marked as 'hot prospects', would changing this help, maybe?

Any suggestions?

Transfer-listing risks unsettling them, though, so its not something you really want to do.

I find "Hot Prospect" to mean "Can expect to play some matches this season", not "Hotly tipped for four years down the road", for happiness purposes. I try to keep most of my players set at "Youngster" from 16-18, and give them "Hot Prospect" at age 19 or 20 when they really do start to break into my first team, so yeah, that might help.

Beyond that, I just do the "List for Loan", "Offer to Clubs - Loan - 100% wages - Can play Cup matches" route. I find clubs are a lot more cagey about not accepting the "Can be recalled" clause in FM'09 than they were in FM'08 and earlier.

One thing I wonder - do you have active leagues beneath you, or is only your league active in your nation? I'm in England, and have all leagues down to BSS/BSN active, and am not having trouble loaning out (yet, knock on wood). Maybe it helps to have active-league AI managers beneath you?

Archived