moving saved games back, please help!

Im sure this must have been asked a number of times and I have searched the forums but couldnt find a thread similar to mine.

Basically, I had the activation problem where it said the key is already active so uninstalled and installed the game again, deleted the certificates and made a back up of my saved games. Now when ive installed the game again and restored the saved games, when I try to open the games it says saved game cannot be loaded.

I had about 5 different saved games and 2 were I think ones that FM made. They are all the relevant size but they just dont seem to load. Are the files corrupted or am I doing something wrong? Please advise, many thanks

Could be the patch.

If you saved the game with a later version of FM, an earlier one won't be able to open it. Try installing 9.0.3 and try again.

I had the game installed through steam last time round but this time did it through the uniloc. I dont remember doing any updates for the game since I bought it but does steam automatically update? If yes then perhaps I need to update this time round.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it :thup:

Archived