Few queries...

Hi,

Just want to say i love Football Manager Handheldand play it daily, but i have some queries i would like to know the answer to. (Please excuse any spelling or grammer mistakes, my broken arm has only just come out of its cast this morning icon_cool.gif)

Querie 1 - Regens

Now, i know that regens are regenerated players, but is there anyway to know who the regens are regens of. Will they have a similar name, eg. Daniel Backham or will they just have potential like a regenerated Rooney?

Querie 2 - Finances

How are your season finances decided. Do youget more mone for cups / trophies / league titles or is it just random. I have said in a previous post that after winning the Premiership, FA Cup, League Cup ands Charity Shield, i only recieved £19.5 million for my Chelsea squad, 2006 - 2007.

Querie 3 - Retiring Age

Do all players retire at the average age of around 33 or does each individual player retire at the same time each save file. And, does recurring injury affect their retirement. In some earlier Management Games imncluding CM, some players were retiring at arounds 24 after having played about 10 games in 6 seasons.

Also, has anyone found any NEW brilliant players other than the usual, Messi, Lula, Stekelenburg etc.

If anyone can answer any of these questions i would greatly appreciate it.

:D

Thanks, Matthew

matthewjgb@hotmail.com

Manchester United to win the league!

Hi,

Just want to say i love Football Manager Handheldand play it daily, but i have some queries i would like to know the answer to. (Please excuse any spelling or grammer mistakes, my broken arm has only just come out of its cast this morning icon_cool.gif)

Querie 1 - Regens

Now, i know that regens are regenerated players, but is there anyway to know who the regens are regens of. Will they have a similar name, eg. Daniel Backham or will they just have potential like a regenerated Rooney?

Querie 2 - Finances

How are your season finances decided. Do youget more mone for cups / trophies / league titles or is it just random. I have said in a previous post that after winning the Premiership, FA Cup, League Cup ands Charity Shield, i only recieved £19.5 million for my Chelsea squad, 2006 - 2007.

Querie 3 - Retiring Age

Do all players retire at the average age of around 33 or does each individual player retire at the same time each save file. And, does recurring injury affect their retirement. In some earlier Management Games imncluding CM, some players were retiring at arounds 24 after having played about 10 games in 6 seasons.

Also, has anyone found any NEW brilliant players other than the usual, Messi, Lula, Stekelenburg etc.

If anyone can answer any of these questions i would greatly appreciate it.

:D

Thanks, Matthew

matthewjgb@hotmail.com

Manchester United to win the league!

Sorry about double post -

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> How are your season finances decided. Do you get more money for cups / trophies / league titles or is it just random. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Querie 1 - Regens

Now, i know that regens are regenerated players, but is there anyway to know who the regens are regens of. Will they have a similar name, eg. Daniel Backham or will they just have potential like a regenerated Rooney? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They'll have a similar potential but totally different name etc. .... this makes it harder for people to spot kids who will be a decent player and keeps the game challenging.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Querie 2 - Finances

How are your season finances decided. Do youget more mone for cups / trophies / league titles or is it just random. I have said in a previous post that after winning the Premiership, FA Cup, League Cup ands Charity Shield, i only recieved £19.5 million for my Chelsea squad, 2006 - 2007. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cups/Trophies etc. are taken into account, however if you are all dominant and have a huge squad then it might be that the board simply don't think you need that much more money to reinforce what is already a world beating squad (which in my mind seems fair enough really icon_wink.gif ).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Querie 3 - Retiring Age

Do all players retire at the average age of around 33 or does each individual player retire at the same time each save file. And, does recurring injury affect their retirement. In some earlier Management Games imncluding CM, some players were retiring at arounds 24 after having played about 10 games in 6 seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Players will retire at different stages depending on their character, position and how their careers go (so no retirement ages won't be the same in each game).

Players can get career ending injuries at any age - but these are rare, especially for younger players.

bingo!!! thats why us trusty pc blokes have been put to the back of the list you want to sort your psps and other consoles out before you bother with an update for the sad millions who buy the game for the pc, great, i think i preferred it when you wnat busy sucking some plc ass icon13.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr E:

bingo!!! thats why us trusty pc blokes have been put to the back of the list you want to sort your psps and other consoles out before you bother with an update for the sad millions who buy the game for the pc, great, i think i preferred it when you wnat busy sucking some plc ass icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your charming and well mannered comments regarding posteriors.

First off the teams working on each product are largely 'unique' (ie. they only work on that product - as such the console titles haven't affected the PC games at all) - about the only exception is me as I'm still involved in both the PC and PSP games ....

... however the PSP game has been in submission* for several weeks now and since then I've largely been concentrating on monitoring feedback from users of the PC game and looking into any problems reported.

*As well as Sega/SI QA all console titles go through acceptance testing from the console manufacturers as well, this is known as making a 'submission' in geeky dev terms and can take a while to process.

another Regen question for you Marc:

is there a Regen quota system?

i.e., every time a Ronaldo or a Lampard leaves the game a regen of equal potential appears, such that the overall "talent pool" available in the game remains at about the same quality throughout the 30 seasons?

also... for someone who goes on to become a manager, like Frank Lampard in the case of my game, does a regen appear when they retire from playing or from football in general?

i realize knowing the answer to either of those questions doesn't have any real impact on my gameplay experience, but i find the regen system and the mechanics thereof very interesting as it really becomes the backbone of the game in later seasons icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i.e., every time a Ronaldo or a Lampard leaves the game a regen of equal potential appears, such that the overall "talent pool" available in the game remains at about the same quality throughout the 30 seasons? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup thats the case the 'quality' in the database remains globally equivalent throughout the game.

This isn't ALWAYS the case in the short-term however as there is a random delay between a players retirement and him being regenerated. This makes it harder for people to 'spot' regens and poach promising youngsters.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">also... for someone who goes on to become a manager, like Frank Lampard in the case of my game, does a regen appear when they retire from playing or from football in general? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It 'queues' (see above) when they retire from playing.

In geek terms (in case you're a programmer ... although if you're from a rival company please forget this part icon_wink.gif) there is a base 'PERSON' class and the actual playing/non-playing functionality for him are seperate to that person as such its possible to retire someone as a player and turn them into a non-player while at the same time release their 'playing data' back into the world.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i tend to find certain nuts & bolts aspects of games [very interesting]... like how *exactly* regens work icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i need an edit... that was an incomplete thought! icon_redface.gif

should have read "i tend to find certain nuts & bolts aspects of games very interesting..."

Archived