Installing onto new laptop.

The work has given us all new laptops, and they have no ‘admin rights’ on them.

So basically I can install Fm2009 onto it with hopefully no problems.

Anyway couple of questions that hopefully people can help me with.

I read a thread on ‘installing on more than one machine’ but not clear on couple of points.

I understand I am allowed to ‘install’ on up to 5 machines. I was one of the lucky ones who had no problems installing on my home PC originally. I used UNILOC and the whole process went so smoothly I can barely remember the details. I remember inputting the code from the manual/box and getting another code back.

When I go to install on my new laptop, do I just repeat the whole process again, as a fresh install? Or, do I need the ‘activation’ code I was given when I installed the game originally on my home PC. I don’t think I kept a note of it, tbh.

Also, to play my ‘career savegame’ from my home PC, on my new laptop what files/folders do I need to transfer over?

All you need to do is install as normal. You use the activation code on the back of the manual.

You would the saved game file from My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\games and if you are using an edited database then you will need to take that from My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db and put them both in the same place on your laptop.

I don't know what code you mean. All you need to do is enter the activation code from the back of the manual to activate the game.

Maybe I'm getting mixed up with another game.

Like I said earlier "I was one of the lucky ones who had no problems installing on my home PC originally. I used UNILOC and the whole process went so smoothly I can barely remember the details. I remember inputting the code from the manual/box and getting another code back."

Archived