Takeovers, Investment, & Stadium Expansions

Hi Everyone,

I have a network game going - I have got Kiddy Harriers to the Championship and my mate had got Cambridge Utd to the Championship too.

Camb rent their ground whereas I think Harriers own theirs. My mate asked the board to expand the ground as he was losing money even though he was under his wage budget (why would that be?) and they said they would look into it. Then at the end of the season the board told him that they were denied planning permission to expand - would this ever change?

He has moved to Villa as he thought there was no way out and he would just keep losing money. Does anyone know how to stop small clubs losing money in the Championship? What is the most effective way of getting a stadium expansion or a takeover/investment.

All help would be great as it would be silly if the game just freezes you out from going any further!? Surely they could get a loan or something to build an new one.

Very confused. Is that the limit of the game???

If if gets blocked your board may eventually decide to build a new stadium which would mean you'd need a fair bit of money so you club chairmain would have to take out a huge loan on the team. Or if your lucky like me a tycoon will step in cause of bad finances and inject money into the team and pay for the new stadium out of his own pocket instead of taking a loan.

The game doesn't prevent a club from growing, but in the instance of expanding/getting new stadiums it can be very much down to luck. Be it getting a tycoon or the board deciding to take out a loan to finance a new stadium, it will be luck of the draw.

Having said that, you can always improve the chances of a new stadium by getting a healthy bank balance and drawing in the crowds through success on the pitch. A bit of shrewd business in the transfer market is probably the easiest way to make a decent amount of money in the game.

Archived