Belarusian Highest League

I was reading through a thread about the same issue on FM08 but it was never fully resolved so I'll try again.

Basically in the Belarusian Highest League you are only allowed 5 foreign players. However, I know for a fact the Russian and Ukranian players, for whatever reason, do not count as foreign players. What I want to know is what other countries players' will not count as foreign should I purchase them. I read in the FM08 thread that Moldova doesn't, but lets be honest it's not a country bursting with football talent, even for the likes of Belarusian League, so does anyone know any other countries that wont count as "foreign" for me?

FM08 Similar Thread

Moldova are overwhelmed with about as much talent as Belarus is, assuming you load the players from there so it is worth noting. I don't think there are any other countries though, just the western republics of the former ussr. Kazakhstan was not foreign on 08 but I think that is changed now, Baltic, Caucasus, Central Asian republics all count as foreign.

I really hope they will fix this for fm10 so that they actually tell you these sorts of rules.

Yeah so do I! This league is actually good fun when you get taken over by a Portugese tycoon at the end of the first season, who gives you transfer budgets of £14m a season!

Archived