Opp. Instructions V. Player Instructions

Which instruction takes priority. I know that player instructions take priority over team, apart from the extreme attack and defence mentality, but I want to know where opposition instructions come in.

If I set hard tackling on a player will it mean a player I have set to easy tackling will tackle hard, same with closing down etc.

I personally think Opposition Instructions takes precedence over your player's Player Instructions when he is faced with that particular opposition player.

So if you had set your player to tackle "normal", but had also set Rooney's OI as tackle "easy", your player would always tackle normally unless he was faced with Rooney, with whom he would go easy on the tackles.

This is my own opinion though. As to whether this is really the case, we would need the confirmation of someone else who has made more detailed observations of this.

think you are probably right but that might not be the best thing, if you have a player who is rubbish at tackling or on a yellow, you might put them on easy but then they still might plough into Rooney because of the opposition tactic

think you are probably right but that might not be the best thing, if you have a player who is rubbish at tackling or on a yellow, you might put them on easy but then they still might plough into Rooney because of the opposition tactic

Yeah that would be a valid concern. I really am not confident on how it works but as for how I use OIs, I rarely use the tackling options so I have managed to stave this issue away at least.

Archived