fabio capello

Well i know its quite common for people to resign from their jobs and all but this is a special case. Now first of all it was fabio capello, you may have got that from the title :p

2nd of all there was nothing in the news about this sudden resignation from the England job and the first i knew of it was when they offered me the job so i had to find out what had happened to him. He just resigned then left the game all together.

I am making this thread for 2 reasons, one being that it was a weird thing to resign and retire instantly like that and another, which gripes me the most is that i would have missed the opportunity to apply for the job had they not approached me anyway. I have always missed England job vacancies like this and other international spots as well. All major nations comings and going et al a manager dealings should be displayed in your inbox imo.

Well i know its quite common for people to resign from their jobs and all but this is a special case. Now first of all it was fabio capello, you may have got that from the title :p

2nd of all there was nothing in the news about this sudden resignation from the England job and the first i knew of it was when they offered me the job so i had to find out what had happened to him. He just resigned then left the game all together.

I am making this thread for 2 reasons, one being that it was a weird thing to resign and retire instantly like that and another, which gripes me the most is that i would have missed the opportunity to apply for the job had they not approached me anyway. I have always missed England job vacancies like this and other international spots as well. All major nations comings and going et al a manager dealings should be displayed in your inbox imo.

Actually, Fabio mentioned to the press when he first took over the post, that the England job will be the last in his managerial career. Therefore, it is more than likely that SI have thus programmed him to retire once he leaves the job or is sacked by the FA. Whether he keeps true to his word, or pull a 'Fergie circa 2001/2002', only time will tell.

As for your gripe about job vacancies going past without any mention in the inbox, I totally concur. That is my number one peeve of the game, that the news inbox was changed from the all-encompassing format to this format where you get news separated by leagues and hidden away in each of the league's news category. Reading the news to learn what is going on around you is such a chore that I most often miss out on the movings and shakings around me.

I do say, bring back the old news inbox please! :)

Archived