Robs 4-4-2 tactic works well

After fighting with this damn game for a while, I've come up with this tactic for my Leeds side. This tactic will work extremely well when you are slightly to highly favored and the opposition plays a 4-4-2.

WHEN TO USE

This tactic is made to beat squads you are slightly to heavily favored against.

INFO:

To make this tactic work you should set your home pitch to max width and your outside mids should be some of your better players. The tactic is based on wide play with a slower tempo and holding the ball. The defensive line is set up higher with the two DC's set for defensive and the outside FB's attacking.

The main idea behind this tactic is in each line there is one player built to hold up play and allow the outside players to get into attacking positions. What this means is that one MC is ticked as a holding player and one SC is ticked as a holding player. There are no play makers and no target men in this setup. I've decided against playing 'offsides' but it would make tactical sense to turn it on if that works better for you. The passing is set to be mixed.

In the midfield one of the MC's should be more defensive and is ticked to hold up the ball so that the outside MR and ML can get in position along with the DL and DR running outside as well.

The forwards are set up to work as a unit with one being a hold up-stronger type forward and the other one being a pacey type striker. When the ball is played to the hold up forward it allows the pacey forward to make runs along with the attacking MC, the MR and the ML.

COUNTERS

This tactic will NOT work against 3-5-2 and even if the other team is terrible, you will have a hard time winning. The AI will also sometimes play a 3-2-3-2 with 3 DC's, 2 wingbacks, 3 mids, and 2 SC's. This tactic isn't as hard to beat as the 3-5-2, but it is also a small counter. Just watch what the AI plays and you should be able to see when this tactic will be effective and when it will not.

I recommend watching 'formations' every now and then to watch for the AI's tactical switches. Whenever the AI plays an AMC I automatically turn to opposition instructions and tightly mark him, tackle him hard, force him onto his opposite foot, and always close him down. This is usually because AMC type builds are going to use them as play makers and they are generally very involved in the attack.

http://files.filefront.com/bestoneformetac/;12525726;/fileinfo.html

Feel free to help improve the tactic.

bump for any experiences with this tactic. I'm still using it with Leeds and I won L1, then promoted out of the championship and am now mid table in the premiership 3rd season. It still works best when you are favored to win, but I've found that it still will work as long as you are not extreme underdogs. Be aware though it is an attacking tactic, so if you are an underdog playing it you should expect to be scored on -- just hope you score more.

Archived