Crewe Alexandra - David Platt's return

McMonkey

Every copy of FM I purchase I always have a go at three of my favourite teams that I've gone back to time & time again. In France - FC Metz with its excellent academy that has produces the likes of Robert Pires, Emmanuel Adebayor, Louis Saha, Papiss Cissé, Miralem Pjanić, Kalidou Koulibaly & Sadio Mané to name some of the best. I often find them in Ligue 2 or struggling to stay in Ligue 1 and love turning them into a force in French football. Another favourite team I keep going back to is Royal Antwerp, one of the sleeping giants of Belgian football (well a giant by Belgian standards). They lack the youth setup of Metz but I find them intriguing with their historic loan arrangement with Manchester United that has seen the likes of Frazier Campbell, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Ryan Shawcross, Danny Simpson, Darron Gibson, John O'Shea & Jonny Evans, to name just the best of them, spending time on loan there. Over the past couple of iterations (FM16/19) I've also taken local lad Andreas Pereira on loan (born in Antwerp suburb Duffel - home of the Duffel coat!) but never convinced him to sign permanently. The Belgian league is also interesting with its 2nd half of the season championship & relegation groups meaning the finale is nothing but visits to Standard, Club Brugge, Anderlecht & Gent! Having to shop in a different market than the Premier League is always a fun challenge.

When it comes to the UK I've tried various saves over the years including Notts County but the one I keep going back to is Crewe Alexandra. I last played them in 2016, starting off as a League One team if I remember correctly. I had intended to take advantage of the youth setup (not like that!) but I got caught up in consecutive promotions and ended up retaining only a few of the local lads as the pressures of the Premier League demanded quality reinforcements right away. I managed to turn them into a decent side in the Burnley/Pulis Stoke sense. I even managed to sign Jesse Lingard who was outstanding. However, I felt the lack of homegrown talent in the team (bar the return of Nick Powell) made it all feel a bit less special.

DXSVcnGXUAAaF2y.jpg

This year I'm determined to give youth a chance and plan on building a team from the academy, with several old graduates returning if the price is right. I will loan in a few youngsters to fill in gaps, but I plan to allow most of the money the club generates to go towards improving the facilities. Of course, I'll be ambitious but if it takes me a bit longer to climb through the leagues then so be it. 

I always pick a real-life character to represent me in game. Usually an ex-pro from that club. Looking at the list of candidate one name stood out - David Platt. It's time for him to take on the challenge of management and share his wealth of experience with the lads at his first club. I decided to give him very average to low stats as I'd found the Antwerp save I started to be incredibly easy (I was invincible which was no fun really) and thought this may be down to having high stats and a top-notch coaching team from Italy. In this save I will try and make appointments as realistic as possible. 

David+Platt1.jpg

THE SQUAD

squad-photo-18-19.jpg

Core players:

Goalkeeper is well covered with homegrown local lad Ben Garratt number 1 & Welshman Dave Richards as able backup/competition.

?preset=square&greyscale=falseGarratt

In defence is homegrown captain George Ray, experienced Michael Raynes and another homegrown lad Perry Ng at right back form a core. 

?preset=square&greyscale=falseCaptain - Ray

The only senior experience in midfield comes from Republic of Ireland international Paul Green who has plenty of experience at Championship level with Rotherham, Leeds & Derby. 

I'm well stocked up front with returning homegrown striker Shaun Miller, pressing forward Jordan Bowery (with 20 PL appearances for Villa), League Two veteran Alex Nicholls and experienced target man Chris Porter who has Championship & SPL experience after spells at Derby & Motherwell.

?preset=square&greyscale=falseBowery

Youngsters:

Quite a mixed bag. Some with potential & no first-team experience and others young but with one or two seasons under their belt & plenty of appearances. 

In goal is one Will Jääskeläinen, son of ex-Bolton stopper Jussi. He's young and untested but has the attributes to be a good keeper in the long term. 

There's not a great deal of defenders ready to make the step up to first-team football. Welshman Billy Sass-Davies looks like a potential ball playing centre back and Inverted left wingback Luke Offord catching the eye in training. 

In central midfield, I'm spoiled for choice. Homegrown Scot James Jones is in his fifth season as a first team regular, even at the age of 22. Homegrown lads Oliver Finney, Ryan Wintle and Tom Lowery all have some first team experience, Lowery looking the pick of the bunch. They are all short guys but I'm hoping their passing ability will mean they don't have to battle for possession in the air too often. Behind them are Regan Griffiths, Joe Lynch & Josh Lundstram all look capable of making the step up if called upon.

?preset=square&greyscale=falseLowery

The wide positions are also well stocked with Owen Dale, Harry Pickering, Charlie Kirk & pick of the bunch Callum Ainley all looking useful members of the squad. Young attacking midfileder Ethan Hartshorn looks like a great prospect for the future. 

?preset=square&greyscale=falseHartshorn

Up front, Lewis Reilly looks useful, but Malachi Linton really stands out with his pace.

?preset=square&greyscale=falseLinton

Loanees:

I start with two Irish loanees in the shape of solid right back Corey Wheelan from Liverpool & left back Kevin O'Connor from Preston. Kevin looks like a really good player and I'm sure his free kick abilities will come in useful.  

?preset=square&greyscale=falseO'Connor

Feeling a bit light down the left flank I bring in young Finn Niko Hämäläinen from QPR who is a natural wingback but can play on the wing at this level. 

One position I'm lacking depth in is at centre-back. My scouts bring Man Utd lad Ro-Shaun Williams to my attention. Great physical attributes, good mental stats but needs some work on his technicals, especially heading. I persuade Jose to loan him on the promise he'll be used as a first team regular (not that he would have been given a chance by the special one as he's only 20!).

williams_proud21548867998678_large.jpg

Ro-Shaun Williams (Physically powerful centre-back on loan from Manchester United)

I go back to the Premier League, this time Everton, to pick up two talents - left winger Josh Bowler & attacking midfielder Antony Evans. Bowler was brought into the Everton U23 team for a fee of £1.5m last summer but has yet to make a first-team appearance for the Toffeemen. Evans is versatile and brings flair to a position I currently have no other real options in.

Antony-Evans.jpg

Antony Evans (Highly rated attacking midfielder on loan from Everton)

Deadwood?:

Brad Walker looks alright, but with so many homegrown options in central midfield, I can't see him getting much playing time. I have no idea why my predecessor brought it journeyman Nicky Hunt with Wheelan & Ng on the right. I also have Eddie Nolan who seems like a jack of all trades & master of none. Perhaps I'm being too harsh in my judgement of these guys & relying too much on stats, but I can't see any of these lads getting much first team action (bar an injury crisis) and will try and move them on as soon as an opportune moment arises. 

I don't plan on making a load of signings in this game. However, there are several players who were homegrown by Crewe that I would potentially like to bring back. These include Max Clayton (Blackpool), George Cooper (Peterborough), Nicky Maynard (Bury), Ryan Colclough (Scunthorpe), A-Jay Leitch-Smith (Morecambe), Matt Tootle (Notts Co), Oliver Turton (Blackpool), Harry Davis (Grimsby), Jon Guthrie (Walsall) & perhaps even Nick Powell (Wigan) one day. Of course, I will probably not sign all of these players, but there is four or five I'd really like to see back at the club having managed them in previous versions of FM.

Chuks Aneke (MK Dons) is another favorite & is a club Icon after two successful loan spells from Arsenal between 2012 - 14. He has since spent two seasons with Zulte Weregem in Belgium & signed for the Dons in 2016. Another favorite of mine is CB/LB Ellis Plummer who I had on loan and later signed from Manchester City U23s.

gun__1379330948_aneke_crewe3.jpg?itok=O7

Chuks Aneke (Long term transfer target - Club icon from his two spells on loan from Arsenal)

• 2 weeks later...

PRE-SEASON:

I opted to play against local, lower league teams to build up fitness & confidence.

Pre-season.thumb.JPG.a4bb9b2b523bf6b0eb71118e5fb2c821.JPG

Other than the loss to League One Accrington the warmup matches were pleasing with the entire squad getting up to full fitness. Shane Bowery & Alex Nicholls both registered hat-tricks & Shaun Miller was also on good goalscoring form. I'm not getting too excited considering the level of the opposition, but we got the job done and the team is bonding well.

My full squad list:

GK

Ben Garratt (Homegrown - Club)

Dave Richards

Will Jääskeläinen

RB

Corey Wheelan (Loan - Liverpool)

Perry Ng (Homegrown - Club)

Eddie Nolan

Nicky Hunt

LB

Kevin O'Connor (Loan - Preston)

Niko Hämäläinen (Loan - QPR)

CB

George Ray (Homegrown - Club)

Michael Raynes

Ro-Shaun Williams (Loan - Manchester United)

Billy Sass-Davies (Homegrown - Club)

CM

Paul Green

James Jones (Homegrown - Club)

Ryan Wintle (Homegrown - Club)

Oliver Finney(Homegrown - Club)

Tom Lowery (Homegrown - Club)

Brad Walker

RW

Callum Ainley (Homegrown - Club)

Charley Kirk (Homegrown - Club)

Owen Dale (Homegrown - Club)

LW

Josh Bowler (Loan - Everton)

Harry Pickering (Homegrown - Club)

AMC

Antony Evans (Loan - Everton)

S

Jordan Bowery

Alex Nicholls

Shaun Miller (Homegrown - Club)

Chris Porter

Frenchman Fabien Robert (who I have previous experience with) is given an extended trial, but ultimately I decided to bring in Anthony Evans on loan for the attacking midfielder position and go to a 4-4-2 if he's not available. Josh Bowler is also brought in on loan to strengthen the left wing and Ro-Shaun Williams is recruited to add some pace & power to the centre of defence. Niko Hämäläinen is a deadline day addition on loan to provide backup for O'Connor. Total transfer spend: £0.

I'm pretty happy with the squad, especially the first eleven. I lack some quality in depth but this will allow me to fulfil the club philosophy of bringing through youngsters from the academy.

998400192.jpg.0.jpg

Niko Hämäläinen (On loan from Q.P.R.)

41C76BE000000578-0-image-a-92_1498493201

Josh Bowler (On loan from Everton U23s)

AUGUST 2018

763748496_August2019.thumb.JPG.cd6389338702b1f8ea8b1357aedcb811.JPG

A fantastic start to the new season with four league wins & one draw. Miller leads the scoring stats with three goals. Ray, Jones & Evans both have two and Green, Lowery, Raynes all chip in with one apiece. The 4-2 victory over MK Dons is the highlight.

In the Carabo cup newly relegated Sunderland are given another kick as they are dumped out in the first round with goals from Finney & Porter. To add insult to injury I'd put out a second string eleven. Premier League Bournemouth are drawn out of the hat for the second round. I put out a strong side to avoid a route & did pretty well, holding the score to 0-0 until the 82nd minute when Jermain Defoe pounced. Josh Bowler put us back on level terms two minutes later but a late winner from Mihai Dobre on 88 minutes put paid to our brief cup run. The boys can hold their heads high. 

SEPTEMBER 2018

645560774_September2018.thumb.JPG.b6ceff8a628e3f8ea4910ae86eb28e83.JPG

The fantastic form continues into September with a carbon copy of league results. Bowery nets three, Porter two and one apiece from Nicholls, Pickering, Green, Lowery, Ainley, Finney & Evans. Its great to see the goals being spread out across the team. The 4-1 Home win over Mansfield is definitely the highlight with Jordan Bowery putting on a good show. For now, the top spot is ours. Can we hold onto it long term?

OCTOBER 2018

1778723037_October2018.thumb.JPG.8fd93e3156783e145f1804d90d631777.JPG

The bubble had to burst at some point & a disappointing 1-3 home loss to Swindon brings us back down to earth. The key will be how we react to setbacks. Thankfully team morale is high and we get back to winning ways with another four league wins & one draw. The 2-0 away win against Lincoln is definitely the highlight. 

Bowery next three for the second month running with Porter netting two and one apiece from Bowler, Ainley, Wintle, Evans, Miller, Green & O'Connor. The Irish left-back has been fantastic, contributing lots of assists and posing a danger from set pieces.

NOVEMBER 2018

1550665239_November2018.thumb.JPG.9666f3ca726d1bbb7bfc0b201fb15ff5.JPG

November proves to be yet another successful month. We're cementing out place at the top of the table & pre-season relegation predictions seem like a distant memory. The critics still underestimate the strength of my team but who cares about experts in the post facts era?!

Evans is starting to show why he's so highly rated at Everton, weighing in with three goals. Chris Porter scores two with Ray, Ainley, Williams & Bowery all netting one apiece. 

League one Wycombe are dumped out of the FA Cup with an own goal, plus goals from Bowery & Miller. Mansfield away is drawn for the second round. 

DECEMBER 2018

203813474_December2018.thumb.JPG.9f398753d0dd27aa5266ee7a4236aa85.JPG

December proves to be a bit of a mixed bag, starting with a sensational 7-2 away win against Mansfield in the FA Cup second round. Bowery scores four in this match. In the Checkatrade second round, the fancy Dans of Manchester City U23s are taught a lesson in real English football from a side of homegrown heroes. 

However, the league form takes a dip with two losses on the bounce against Oldham & Exeter. The lack of squad depth begins to show with many of my first teamers becoming fatigued. The boys dig deep and finish the year strongly with two wins & a draw, including another impressive victory over Lincoln (with the league's top scorer - John Akinde). 

Bowery finished the month with another three goals, Anthony Evans nets two and Finney, Bowler, Williams & super sub Chris Porter getting one apiece. 2018 has been fantastic & promotion seems like a real prospect.

JANUARY 2019

129358377_January2019.thumb.JPG.b753031d0177f84c1f1abb9f4b26c7bf.JPG

January starts with a blow. I'm able to negotiate a loan extension for right-back Whelan from Liverpool, but Preston refuse to extend star man Kevin O'Connor's loan period. This strikes me as a strange decision as he's excelling at a team at the top of the table. His stats are 22 appearances, 1 goal, 11 assists, 3 PoM & an average rating of 7.38. He spends the rest of the season languishing in Prestons reserves. What a waste!

Having no money to spend I look to the loan market for a replacement, eventually picking up Spurs' Connor Ogilvie. In the meantime, Hamalainen gets some game time, as well as youngster Luke Offord who does pretty well. Our form is a little patchy again with one win, two draws & two defeats. I'm knocked out of the FA Cup by Leicester but go through to the Quarter Final of the Checkatrade Trophy with a penalty win against Grimsby despite putting out a second string team.

Evans leads the scoring with three, Bowery nets two while Bowler & Ainley get one apiece. A tough month but we survived and are still top, though Mansfield & Lincoln are closing in on top spot. 

FEBRUARY 2019

1354210300_February2019.thumb.JPG.21fb4ba8800df88ef4123dfcf40b1194.JPG

That's more like it. True champions form! 

Four league wins and through to the Checkatrade Trophy final with wins against two League One opponents. Bowery scores three, Ainley & young striker Malachai Linton one, while Josh Bowler shows his pedigree with a hat-trick versus Macclesfield.

A second string team manage to get past Accrington with goals from Hamalainen & Porter. In the semi-final versus Joey Barton's Fleetwood, I put out my strongest team but go two-nil down within fifteen minutes. Bowler & Jones bring us back level but were immediately put onto the backfoot again with a Dean Marney goal on the half-hour mark. Jordan Bowery equalises on 69 minutes and Anthony Evans wins the thrilling encounter with a goal in the 97th minute! 

MARCH 2019

1467058482_March2019.thumb.JPG.96fc053c5f1b44c353bb2a12b3175e06.JPG

March proves to be a mixed bag with four wins & two defeats. I'm holding onto top spot, but Mansfield & Lincoln are both in great form & are pressing hard to close the gap. I made a really bad call with my selection of a weakened side versus bottom of the table Tranmere, hoping to give some of our better players a much-needed rest ahead of tougher games. My overconfidence is punished. The 1-3 away loss to Mansfield is also disappointing, but they are a solid team. 

The 6-5 win over Cambridge is a clear highlight with Josh Bowler netting four. A real ding-dong battle!

Bowler ends the month with a very impressive seven goals, experienced target man & super sub Chris Porter nets three. Jones weighs in with two. Ainley gets one & Ogilvie scores a belting free-kick in the Cambridge game. Bowery has gone off the boil somewhat and only manages the one. 

So to the Checkatrade Trophy final at a sparsely attended (21k) Wembley versus Milton Keynes. Two homegrown lads do the business with a first-half strike by Callum Ainley and a second half one from playmaker Tom Lowery securing the trophy for the second time in the clubs history (2012/13 win over Southend being the other). 

With promotion now looking almost assured, bar a monumental collapse in April, this trophy win just highlights the potential of this young team to become a real force next season!

Checkatrade%20Trophy%20-%20169%20-%20240

APRIL & MAY 2019

690777322_AprilMay2019.thumb.JPG.6ac315bb1663575319ac1c776d28f7d6.JPG

The home strait goes pretty much according to plan with the side buoyed by their cup triumph. Local Rivals Port Vale are defeated away with a goal from Josh Bowler & an 83rd-minute winner from young striker Malachai Linton. I could have clinched the title away to Swindon but managed to lose 0-2. The boys complete the job with a 3-0 win over Forest Green in front of our own fans. I put out a really raw team on U23 players for the final game versus Grimsby, but who cares, we're Champions!

At the start of the season, the pundits predicted a 22nd place finish & battle against the drop. I was confident of doing better and perhaps making the playoffs. A league win was really wishful thinking with the likes of Mansfield, Lincoln & MK Dons with talented squads with experience & quality. I think one of the keys to our success is the togetherness of the squad with so many Crewe academy players in the side. We were also fortunate with relatively few injuries. The loan players made a huge difference with Kevin O'Connor, Josh Bowler & Anthony Evans shining.

Bring on League One. I'm confident we can hold our own, especially with a few additions to the side!

CHAMPIONS!.thumb.png.89396051a1f7935381f68c950264dfd1.png

114263191_Table201819.thumb.JPG.b051efaf71b307309c09314a4b0dcc3a.JPG

Season league stats:

GK

Ben Garratt - Apps 42 Conceded - 47 Clean Sheets 13 Rating 6.84

Dave Richards - Apps 3 Conceded 4 Clean Sheets 1 Rating 6.70

Will Jääskeläinen - Apps 1 Conceded 4 Rating 6.50

RB

Corey Wheelan - Apps 27 Assists 5 Rating 6.95  

Perry Ng - Apps 22 Assists 4 PoM 2 Rating 7.09 *Became regular for Singapore

Eddie Nolan - Apps 3 Rating 6.85

Nicky Hunt - Apps 0

LB

Kevin O'Connor - Apps 22 Goals 1 Assists 11 PoM 3 Rating 7.38 *Half a season

Niko Hämäläinen - Apps 18 Assists 3 Rating 7.04

Connor Ogilvie - Apps 7 Goals 1 Rating 7.09

Luke Offord - Apps 6 Goals 1 Rating 6.70

CB

George Ray - Apps 40 Goals 3 Assists 2 Rating 7.06

Michael Raynes - Apps 24 Goals 1 Rating 6.84

Ro-Shaun Williams - 37 Goals 2 Assists 1 Rating 7.01

Billy Sass-Davies - Apps 6 Rating 6.47

CM

Paul Green - Apps 19 Goals 3 Assists 1 PoM 1 Rating 6.96

James Jones - Apps 28 Goals 4 Assists 4 Rating 6.94

Ryan Wintle - Apps 15 Goals 1 Assists 1 PoM 1 Rating 6.87

Oliver Finney - Apps 26 Goals 2 Assists 5 PoM 1 Rating 6.97

Tom Lowery - Apps 31 Goals 2 Assists 8 PoM 2 Rating 7.00

Brad Walker - Apps 1

Ethan Hartshorn - Apps 1 Rating 6.80

RW

Callum Ainley - Apps 38 Goals 8 Assists 5 PoM 4 Rating 7.03

Charley Kirk - Apps 17 Assists 1 Rating 6.67

Owen Dale - Apps 10 Rating 6.83

LW

Josh Bowler - Apps 40 Goals 17 Assists 7 PoM 5 Rating 7.16

Harry Pickering - Apps 14 Goals 1 Rating 6.78

AMC

Antony Evans - Apps 39 Goals 13 Assists 8 PoM 4 Rating 7.16

S

Jordan Bowery - Apps 41 Goals 17 Assists 2 PoM 3 Rating 6.94

Alex Nicholls - Apps 3 Goals 1 Rating 6.93

Shaun Miller  - Apps 14 Goals 4 PoM 2 Rating 7.03

Chris Porter - Apps 17 Goals 10 PoM 2 Rating 7.03 *Mostly as a substitute

Malachai Linton - Apps 14 Goals 2 Rating 6.60

PLANNING FOR THE NEXT CAMPAIGN:

My aim is to build up strength in depth to see me through the tough runs that can come up in the lower leagues with up to seven games a month to negotiate. Towards the end of the season, the opportunity to pick up an ex-academy player on a free presents itself after Blackpool terminate Max Clayton's contract. He isn't asking for the world in wages but won't be able to play or be loaned out until next season. 

I would love to keep hold of the likes of Josh Bowler, Antony Evans & Ro-Shaun Williams but their parent clubs, quite rightly, see them as much improved players who should be playing in the Championship or at a top League One club at a minimum. With no transfer budget to speak of I'm going to need to marshall my resources wisely as I'm starting off pre-season considerably weaker than I ended last season. 

Firstly I clear out the dead wood, most of which are now out of contract. Eddie Nolan, Nicky Hunt, Brad Walker & Alex Nicholls are all released & will not be missed. Dave Richards, Michael Raynes, Paul Green, Shaun Miller & Chris Porter are all decent players but I want to cut the squad size and bring through youngsters like Jaaskelainen, Hartshorn & Linton. Owen Dale (Leyton Orient), Harry Pickering (Tranmere), Like Offord (Leyton Orient) & Lewis Reilly (Wrexham) are all sent out on 3-month loans to gain experience. 

I manage to persuade Liverpool to extend Corey Wheelan's loan for another season. Niko Hamalainen is picked up on a free after his QPR contract expires. I also offer contracts to centre-backs Stefan O'Connor (Newcastle & Ex-Arsenal - 22), Zech Medley (Ex-Arsenal & Chelsea -18) & Keston Davies (Swansea - spent last year at Notts Co - 22) to shore up the defence. Hopefully one or more of these will fill the boots of the excellent Ro-Shaun Williams.

I try and persuade Kevin O'Connor to join on loan or permanently for £85k but he opts to move to Oxford instead. His loss! Instead, I turn to fellow Irishman Tom Field from Brentford who looks just as solid, minus the set-piece abilities. 

Versatile ex-academy lad A-Jay Leitch-Smith is picked up on a free from Morcombe. He can play as a shadow-striker of further forward if required. 

To replace the Antony Evans shaped hole I pick up ex-Everton 'next Wayne Rooney' Jose Baxter who is out of contract at Oldham. Having turned his life around I'm hoping he can really show what all the fuss was about. He's 27 and technically gifted. Possibly a bit of a gamble but I'm a big believer in second chances.

Another glaring hole is left wing with the departure of Josh Bowler. I manage to persuade Peterborough to send 22yr old ex-Crewe academy lad George Cooper back on loan for the season. He did well for me in previous games. As backup, I get another loanee, 18yr old Ellis Chapman from Lincoln. I'm suprised they let him go as the lad looks like a real star of the future. I even manage to put in an optional future fee of £110k. They may end up regretting that!

I've managed to drastically reduce the average age of the squad & save quite a bit in wages as some of the loans are free. I really want to make a bid for club Icon Chuks Aneke, but with the likes of promoted Sunderland sniffing around I decide to leave a bid until deadline day. Hopefully, by then they will have spent their budget elsewhere. 

I think the squad has a great balance & depth now. Aneke would be the cherry on the top but we'll see how that pans out. Even without him, I have Bowery, Clayton, Leitch-Smith & Linton to choose from.

2019/20 SQUAD:

GK

Ben Garratt (Homegrown - Club)

Will Jääskeläinen

RB

Corey Wheelan (Loan - Liverpool)

Perry Ng (Homegrown - Club)

LB

Tom Field (Loan - Brentford)

Niko Hämäläinen 

CB

George Ray (Homegrown - Club)

Keston Davies

Stefan O'Connor

Zech Medley

Billy Sass-Davies (Homegrown - Club)

CM

James Jones (Homegrown - Club)

Tom Lowery (Homegrown - Club)

Oliver Finney (Homegrown - Club)

Ryan Wintle (Homegrown - Club)

Ethan Hartshorn (Homegrown - Club) 

RW

Callum Ainley (Homegrown - Club)

Charley Kirk (Homegrown - Club)

LW

George Cooper (Loan - Peterborough)

Ellis Chapman (Loan - Lincoln)

AMC

Jose Baxter

A-Jay Leitch-Smith (Homegrown - Club)

S

Jordan Bowery

Max Clayton (Homegrown - Club)

Malachai Linton (Homegrown - Club)

3249615.jpg

Max Clayton

Ajay-LeitchSmith-Crewe_2937987.jpg?20130

A-Jay Leitch-Smith

CS57647745.jpg

Jose Baxter

307.jpg

Keston Davies

20181112-stefan-oconnor.jpg

Stefan O'Connor

• 4 months later...

PRE-SEASON:

Once again I opted to play against local, lower league teams to build up fitness & confidence.

Pre-season 2019-20.PNG

Preseason goes off without any hitches. New signings such as George Cooper (loan from Peterborough), Ellis Chapman & Jose Baxter seem to be fitting in well.

2880.jpg

George Cooper (Crewe academy player on loan from Peterborough. Talented left-winger)

tom-field-edit.jpg

Tom Field (Solid left-back on loan from Brentford)

Large

Ellis Chapman (Talented youngster on loan from Lincoln. Primarily a wide left midfielder but can also play left-wing or as a box-to-box midfielder)

Archived