Local Team - Young English Players

I had been thinking of trying  an idea for a while now as I had stopped playing the game and fresh from England U20’s winning the World Cup I thought it was perfect timing.

My idea is to replace Burton (lowest rep team in Sky Bet Championship) with my local team from the editor and improve their ratings to championship level and create a team of only young English players under 21.  The ‘local’ team will not be mega rich but I will give them a starting balance of £25m.  They will also have top class training and youth facilities to help enhance young English talent and hopefully bring new talent through the academy.

The club will have a 25,000 seater stadium, so big enough to fill out but not as big as the top teams in the country.

Players are sorted but need to add them to the club tonight but I will keep away from the players who have already played for the senior team.

The only 2 rules I am going to implement at the start is to disable the first window and only sign English players.

I chose to start in the championship as there are plenty of games for rotation and it also gives the players a chance to develop and I think the PL would be to difficult first season and Sky Bet 1 players may ask to leave.

Has anyone else attempted this?

How did you get on?

Archived