How to prioritize senior players for use in the reserves?

Just a weird problem.

I need my senior fullback to be getting match fitness through the reserve team, yet the assistant won't play him. Tried reloading about 10 different times. Tried moving some of the under 23 players into the under 18's, but the bloody guy still selects them regardless.

Do I really have to spend money releasing players just to get my fullback matchfit? Even then he probably won't get selected!

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

1 hour ago, Barside said:

Do the rules allow him to play & have you selected them to a position in the reserve squad.

I've confirmed and been extra careful with the rules for him to participate. He is one of only two senior players that are currently made available for the reserves.

I haven't selected him to a position in the reserve team. Didn't know that you could do that without actually taking the reserves over and managing them.

Edit: nevermind. I moved the players being selected into the main squad so that they couldn't be. Thought it might unsettle players or something, but it hasn't.

Would still be very interested if there are any more efficient ways of ensuring a reserves selection though. Seems a bit long-winded to keep moving players back and forth.

Archived