Got my Steam key "recalled by publisher" issue.

Hi, friends! I am from Russia, so english is not my native language, sorry for mistakes. That's my story how i've lost paid money and ability to play FM 2016. Posting it here, on SI Games Forum, with hope to get help or advice.

Like many others here, i've been playing FM since it was called Championship Manager. The game always was my number one, so when i get technical opportunity to buy the game in my country legal -- i obtained the Steam-key every year since 2013. Got all of games on my Steam account. Last year i've bought the key on november and played the game up to the christmas holidays. Than take a brake, waiting for the new patches. On may 2016 tried to launch FM via Steam, but get some error, also the STATUS on Steam changed from "Ready to play" on "Preload completed". On attempt to launch FM i was proposed to buy the game again. My old key was refused, like it was already used.

I have posted a report to the Steam support:

Message by you on Tue, May 10 2016 7:41

Hi! Sorry for bad english, i am russian. The problem is i cant find purschased game Football manager 2016 in my Steam library! Once i activated it by Key, i've played the game for a lot of hours. Then i made a pause for some months, tried to play now again and recieved a message like i didnt bought game ever! And i need to pay for it again! Looks strange, please help me. The game was fully paid and activated around 13-14 of november 2015. The Key i posted in direct window. I tried to use it again, but without any result.

2 Message by Support Tech Khaver on Wed, May 11 2016 15:37

The answer was on Russian:

Здравствуйте, Belyakovskiy.

Спасибо, что обратились в службу поддержки Steam.

Этот ключ активации был отозван по требованию издателя.

Пожалуйста, свяжитесь с продавцом этого ключа для дальнейшего решения этого вопроса.

On english it means, that my Steam Key was recalled by publisher. Steam adviced me to contact key seller. Key was bought from the well known russian online-shop. But that shop ignored my tickets to support, since they heard about "publisher problem" dont even given me direct answer of their inability to help me. As result -- i am posting my story here, willing to get help. Because FM is still my favorite game, and i want to buy it next year and next, but without fear to lost my money.

P.S. The strange thing is that FM 2015 launching without any problem ) What's the difference with FM 2016?

This generally happens when the retailer has obtained the product key by fraudulent means, usually by purchasing from a supported retailer with a stolen credit/debit card details & then selling to you to create what appears to be a legitimate revenue stream.

You can try contacting Sega with proof of your original purchase, there are no guarantees that they will provide you with a new product key but it is worth asking them.

http://www.sega.com/support

Thanks for the fast answer! Game was bought via really big and popular russian online-store, so dont think about fraud. Anyway, sent a letter to the Sega official by your link. Waiting for the answer ) I'll post the result here )

Archived