Dallas Stars - Tactics/Strategies

Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased EHM and am starting out as the Dallas Stars. However I am struggling with Tactics/Strategies just to win games in general. My PP/PK are fine, but my team seems to have no clutch factor. Currently out of the playoffs about half way through with a positive goal differential. Just wanting to see what other people have found that works for the Stars!

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on if you've kept the team as default and what DB you're using.

Good players like Faksa have been criminally underrated in a lot of DB's(especially his Defensive ability) Not to mention Goligoski, Janmark and Klingberg.

The Best Tactics I've found for the Starting Stars Roster is setting individual Line tactics to accommodate the play styles.

IE Benn-Seguin set to Very Offensive, Barrage Shooting, Creative Passing, High Temp.(Don't use Eaves on the top line)

Depending on your second line which should be centered by Spezza, you can run the same set up if the wingers are decent(depends on DB you're using)

For the 3rd line which again depending on the DB should be centered by Faksa with Roussel should be a defensive line, so Putting them to Defensive focus, passing to normal or safe, and dumping the puck to often is beneficial.

the 4th line, again depends on your DB, but should be some combo of Fiddler, Eakin, Sceviour, McKenzie. You'd want to set them to Defensive, Dumping the puck to Very Often, up the Hitting to very hard. and Safe Passing.

A lot of it depends on the DB you're using and you'll want to evaluate each players to find the best fit for them.

One thing you'll want to do is Have Roussel's Aggressiveness set to Calm, so he's not racking up a ton of Penalties.

Line Matching is something that should be really useful to you as well. You'd want that 3rd line matching up against the 1st line, and set Faksa to shadow the other teams top center.(again depends on the DB, he could be terrible)

Sometimes Eakin is inexplicable the best defensive Center on the Stars(some DB's are terrible) so You'd want him on the 3rd line instead of Faksa.

the Line matching should help closing out games.

You'd also want to set personal tactics for the Defense core, but it depends on who you're using and the pairings. But if you still have Oduya in the lineup (set him to focus on defensive side of things, and with his typically slower foot speed a loose gap control, otherwise he's going to get burned a lot)

Similar evaluate your other players to make similar adjustments.

Archived