Unable to launch EHM

I get the following error message when I try to launch EHM. Unable to initialise the sound - please ensure that DirectX has been installed correctly. I have ran the GEForce experience to make sure that everything is upto date but still get the error message. Two days ago the game launched fine. I have installed one game since (Hatred because it was on offer :-)), could this have caused it?

OK I uninstalled Hatred as that was the only change I could think of that I had made to my PC since Monday when EHM was working but I still get the error message. I am going to uninstall EHM (after saving my saved game) and see if that works.

OK I have got this working again now. I looked through these boards and the Steam community forums and it seemed to be a fairly common problem, tried various suggestions without any luck but what worked for me was Riz's suggestion of "deleting the "game.cfg" from your temp folder to clear the preferences (default location is: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\EHM\)".

Archived