Negotiating extensions on the 15.12.0b update

When I downloaded this update, I was in the middle of sorting out extensions for my forthcoming free agents. According to the changelist, nothing was touched with regards to player contract demands, but since the update I'm finding it almost impossible to get players to sign a new contract.

For example, prior to the update I was able to sign 38-year-old Steven Stamkos, with a superb reputation, to a one-year 7.5m extension. That was down 1m from the 8.5m one-year contract I'd given him the previous season, which seems about right given his age. Patrick Kane, on the other hand, I hadn't been able to re-sign. He's a year older and his reputation is down to very good. Kane was also on a 8.5m one-year deal. But now with the update in place, my most recent offer to him - one year at 10m - has been turned down. The same goes for some of my younger players. I've got a 25-year-old currently on 2.8m per year who has most recently rejected a one-year, 6.75m extension, as well as various other contracts in the 6m range with more term. Another, a 21-year-old coming off his EL deal, has turned down 4m a year for three years. Prior to the update, I would've been able to get both signed for less than that without too much hassle.

Is anyone else having any similar issues with re-signing players and their demands?

Just to come back to this, I was able to resign the 21-year-old at 4.712m for three years. Kane and the 25-year-old refused to sign whatever I offered, including 13.8m a year, but once July 1st came, Kane accepted 5m for two years (and only asked for 4m a year in free agency) whilst the 25-year-old re-upped for three years at 1.8m per year, even as an RFA. Can't help but feel that's got to be a bug, right? Players wouldn't be turning down 13.8m a year in the first place, let alone to get to July 1st and accept such huge amounts less.

It has nothing to do with the patch. I offered both Sedins 5 million 1 year deal after their current contract ended but both of them turned down. They were making 7m/a before that. I ended up offering max money (9 million 1 year) but they still turned down the offers. When July 1st came, Daniel accepted a 1 million per year for 4 years (!) while Henrik retired. This happened with patch 15.10.0b.

I wonder if it was something to do with when I was negotiating those deals. I usually start offering contract extensions once free agency is out the way and tend to be able to get players re-signed quite comfortably. I was a little later in the year on that occasion and it felt like the players had already made their minds up to go to free agency.

Then again the contract negotiation system is so impossibly basic that I don't even know.

Archived