How do you scout competitions?

This is going to sound stupid, but I cannot figure out how you scout senior competitions, specifically leagues. On previous FM's, you would start as new scouting assignment and then select competition, but when I do it on FM15 it only shows me U21/U18 leagues for those nations as well as tournaments such as the UCL and Europa. I have all the major leagues loaded and have full scouting knowledge in those nations.

Any help?

Click on the scouting tab on the left.

Once the screen changes click on assignments at the top

Top left there is a tab "Create New Assignment". Click on it

A list of tabs appears - click on "Report from a Competition"

At the top of the screen a drop down menu appears "select competition". Select the one you want and click on the tab "Inform Chief Scout of Requirements" bottom right.

Next screen brings up attribute options etc. Click on start assignment at the bottom right.

HTH

Yeah I know how to do all that.

What I'm saying is I get to this part:

At the top of the screen a drop down menu appears "select competition". Select the one you want and click on the tab "Inform Chief Scout of Requirements" bottom right.

And there is no option to scout any nations senior leagues (such as the Premier League or Bundesliga), only the option to select U21/U18 leagues. However, I can scout the Spanish league's (such as Liga BBVA and Liga Adelante), which I assume is cos I am a Spanish club (Sociedad). So I guess I'm asking is this normal or is it bugged?

My only suggestion is that you have all your scouts engaged already, limiting what and where you can scout.

It might be worth checking the assignments page and adjusting them as necessary to see if that makes any difference.

Also, under the staff tab, check to see if you have your Chief Scout setting the scouting assignments (under staff responsibilities) - this possibly might have something to do with it.

What is most likely though, is that you are limited to scouting Spain. Just below "Create New Assignment" it will say "The board have indicated they will allow scouting of players within this nation".

There is also the possibility that it might be a bug!

Archived