[FM14] Popping Around Europe

ollie laaaaaaaad

Very much enjoying this in all its styles to this point.

Thanks appreciate it!

Like it alot chap! Different and makes you stand out from the pack! Ill admit I was waiting for a troll with too much time on their hands to translate that German News article and say that had nothing to do with you signing a new contract but glad nobody did!

Keep up the good work. Usually I only read career threads of those who start at the very bottom and go on a journey etc but Ive really enjoyed yours. Very nicely set up, colourful and easy to read. Keep up the good work. Look forward to checking back in a few weeks and seeing what progress you've made. Got a sneaky feeling a German Title is heading Wolfy's way!

I appreciate it! Hope you're right about the title! I'll also keep the graphics coming.

Some great signings in Dorin Rotariu and Fabregas! Good luck mate hope you do well :thup:

Thanks Becks! Yeah I was shocked Fabregas was interested but he's a great piece to build around.

Been crazy busy in the last day working for mlb.com but I'm going to get as many updates as possible out tomorrow :)

Season Four - Ten Game Update

Fixtures

fixtures_zps40f53cb4.png

A decent start to the year. There's lots of new talent to bed into the squad. Going forward we've been scintillating playing the most beautiful football we've played so far during my career. But defensively we are an atrocity. I've looked to tweak the tactic but we've continued to struggle and have kept just one clean sheet in the league. it's been a struggle and having to overcome defensive woes is not the way we're designed to set-up. I'm going to continue to try and alter the tactic and hopefully things will improve over the course of the next ten games.

League Table

leaguetable_zps79e8fb18.png

With all the new signings I'm happy to be sat at 5th in the table. But I'm stunned by Schalke's early season form. 10 for 10 and already 12 points clear. They more than likely can't keep this sort of pace up but its showed me just how difficult brining a title to Die Wolfe will be.

League Stats

leaguestats_zps7abadd61.png

Teams Stats

teamstats_zpsddf74900.png

Player of the Update - Luuk De Jong

Luuk-de-Jong_3078140.jpg?20140315105647

Luuk's been incredible in the early part of the season scoring all types of goals; solo efforts to bail us out, flowing team moves and set pieces. He's everything I'm looking for in my deep-lying transition forward. I'm excited to see what he's going to produce the rest of the year.

bundesligaheader_zps661195ae.png

Keller: Connolly's A Fraud

11032013_Jens_Keller_Schalke_04_dpa.jpg

Schalke boss Jens Keller has called Wolfsburg boss, Oliver Connolly, a 'fraud' following the teams stuttering start. Keller's side have started the season perfectly with ten wins in ten games giving them a thirty points and atop the league table with a towering presence.

Connolly and Wolfsburg, who spent a vast amount of money this off season, came into the season with 'Championship expectations' have not got off to the best of starts this campaign with eighteen points through their first ten games. Speaking to Bundesliga.com yesterday Keller said; 'They came into the season shouting about how they'd be champions and I've seen nothing. In all honesty I think they're frauds, they sold themselves as willing and ready to compete and they're so far behind right now I can't help but look back at them and think their mouths are bigger than their stomachs for the fight.'

The comments elicited no response from Connolly's camp when we reached out to him; 'I'm not dignifying that with a response' he said.

What we do know is that with all the signings Die Wolfe made this summer it will take some time to see their true product and Keller's comments serve only to inspire them.

Archived