[FM10] AFC Liverpool - From Tier 10 to the top.

.matt

Database: Small

Leagues loaded: England to tier 10

AFC Liverpool

Illustrious name, not such an illustrious club.

Tier 10 Football at it's best

The story of AFC Liverpool starts only back in 2008. The club is a young one, but it's first season wasn't such a bad one. Winning the Joe Fagan Commemorative and the First Division Trophy (The League Cup) isn't such a bad feat for your first season. The club then went on to finish 4th in the North West Counties League Division One, narrowly missing out on promotion to Tier 9.

Can the club take that step up from tier 10 to tier 9 this season?

Season 1 - 09/10

My first season in charge ended up going well as we won promotion via a play off. I was a little disappointed to not win the league after being in quite a good position to do so throughout a majority of the season. We lost it on the last game of the season where we lost to Rochdale 3-1, who ended up finishing 5th. It was a game we really should of won and would of produced a trophy in my first season in charge.

Our cup form wasn't great though unfortunately. We got hammered in the second round of the North West Counties challenge cup 4-1. That was a particularly disappointing result as I thought we could of done well in that tournament. We played a tier 9 team, but it's no real excuse when you get hammered 4-1. We only made it to the FA Vase 2nd qualifying round when we lost on a replay.

Our best success was in the Liverpool senior counties cup. We won in extra time in round 1, dominated 5-0 in round 2, but then lost in the quarter final. It's a bit sad that that was our best success in cups, but it's true. The exciting thing is we could of come up again Liverpool, Everton or Southport. AFC Liverpool vs Liverpool - I'm not expecting to see that for quite a while so if it happened in my first season it would of been awesome! The other cup we had that we failed in was the NWC Div 1 trophy, where we lost in round 2.

We won the promotion play off 3-1, which secured our promotion into tier 9 in our first season.

th_EnglishNorthWestCountiesDivision-1.png

Transfers:

Out (14): Barry Sim, Steve Corris, Andy Griffiths, Craig Cushion, David Ojapah, Connor Murphy, Adam Coburn, Andy McCoy, Joe Evans, Robbie Cole, Phil Stafford, Ian Cooke, Lanre Giwa, Paul Willis,

In (10): Alan Burton (1k), James Vaughan (1k), Bryan Rutherford, Ian Cooke, Tryone Berry 1k), Michael Cooke, Joel Brownhill, Rob Grainey, Michael Thomas (2k), Abian Serrano (5k),

Most of those players brought in are regular starters. I got rid of most of the deadwood, kept some for reserves. The half decent players in the squad at the start are reserves for the first team or are subs. The two strikers Kennedy and Powell are legends and have stayed. The midfield is completely different, and theres only one survivor in the back 4.

The money I spent on the signings is installments over 48 months. The dearest, Serrano, was by far the best. Signed all the way from Wigan reserves, this U19 Spain international has led from the front. How we managed to sign him I'll never know!

Key players:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee122/Saintsfan23/serrano0910seasonfigures.jpg[/img]"]Abian Serrano: The attacking midfielder played 22 games after his arrival, and was very important. I struggled to find a good formation, and a lot of tinkering didn't help him, but he still managed to bag 6 goals and 9 assists, as well as a 7.10 average rating.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee122/Saintsfan23/kennedy0910seasonfigures.jpg[/img]"]John Kennedy: An absolute beast for me. Bagged himself 18 goals in 24 games, as well as 2 assists. An average rating of 7.37 shows his quality.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee122/Saintsfan23/Rutherford0910seasonfigures.jpg[/img]"]Byran Rutherford: Our best center back and captain, this man was amazingly important in corners. Scored 9 goals, most of which were in the early half of the season, and picked up 5 MOTM awards.

Sorry this update isn't that great, I played this first season a while ago, but only decided to start a thread now.

Archived