[FM10] Thats the way that it is.

TimmyD

Leagues: England (Coca Cola League 2 & Above)

Database: Large

Version: 10.2

Basically looking to make myself a world class manager with countless trophies to his name, I will be starting my career as Shrewsbury Town who are predicted 8th in League 2 and see where I go from there. Wish me luck ;)

PRE SEASON

Shrewsbury 1-0 Shrewsbury Reserves

Gainsborough 1-7 Shrewsbury

Shrewsbury 4-1 Inverness CT

Shrewsbury 2-5 Blackburn

Shrewsbury 6-0 GH Acadamy

Rushden 0-0 Shrewsbury

Shrewsbury 1-0 Peterborough

Shrewsbury 0-3 Everton

Decent enough results for the pre-season friendlies, Was also pretty busy in the transfer windows making 4 permanent signings and 4 loan signings and only losing 1.

In:

De Laet, Ritchie (LOAN)

Lomax, Kelvin (35K)

Mills, Pablo (130K)

Doran, Aaron (LOAN)

Smalling, Chris (LOAN)

Frewen, Gary (FREE)

Milojevic, Stefan (FREE)

Franks, Jonathan (LOAN)

Out:

Garner, Glyn (FREE)

Now bring on the start of the season!

August

Shrewsbury 1-1 Burton

Not the start I had in mind. After Jonathan Franks stunning 25 yard volley things were looking comfortable until the 83rd minute where Smalling got sent off for a professional foul on the edge off the box, from where Burton went on to equalise.

Sheffield Wednesday 5-0 Shrewsbury (League Cup)

I was expecting to lose, but not destroyed. We were completely outplayed. This result left me, the players and the fans all devastated.

Barnet 0-2 Shrewsbury

Good solid win, after a shaking start. Was looking to counter at start but then went to control the game which worked a treat. A own goal and another for Jonathan Franks gave the goods. Only downfall is that Jake Robinson torn his hamstring and will be out for 3-4 months.

Dagenham & Redbridge 2-1 Shrewsbury

Dissapointing loss, espacially as we dominated most of game. Another own goal goes our way though. It's about time a few more of our attacking players started chipping in.

Shrewsbury 2-1 Chesterfield

A good performance from the boys. Goals from Hibbert and Franks. Never really looked like conceding until an error from Doran, But we'll live.

Accrington Stanley 2-2 Shrewsbury

Another frustrating result, did well to come back from 2-0 down but in fairness we should of never gone into that position in the first place. But conceding a penalty and letting in a cheap goal wasn't the best of starts. All credit to the players for fighting back though, another strike for Franks and a injury time equaliser for De Laet earned us a point.

End of Month Report:

Not the best of starts, but not terrible. 2 wins 2 draws and a loss is ok but could and should of been better. Need to tighten it up at the back abit and start putting away more of our chances.

Archived