Manager Background Overhaul

AidmanSpliff

I would like it if we could customise our manager & maybe give them more of a personality & background. One way we could do this is to be able to create a history of clubs we’ve “played” for before, or been “manager” of, how long for, how many appearances, and goals etc for these clubs or caps for our national team, other nations we are from and thus a more detailed biography would be in place.

I’m not the biggest fan of how our manager’s just appear out of nowhere with loads of caps for our national team (if we start with the professional footballer background) without any context.

What this would also allow us to do, is create managers imitating real life ex players/managers, which I know playing as real managers/players is something that you guys are against as far as I’m aware (which sucks ☹️) but this way we could do it ourselves, and if the player/manager we are imitating is in the database, we can use the editor to remove them!

This is just a brief little message about my idea, I’ll leave the real innovation to you guys if you do decide to take my idea onboard

I’ve only played FM17 and FM22 (on pc anyway, was mobile player between those years) and as far as I’m aware in that period not much if anything has been done to innovate the manager creation!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to raise this here. This is something which has already been flagged as a request within the community, so has already been documented and is part of our internal database of features for consideration. Like all features raised to us, it could end up rejected, or could after extensive design and development become a part of a future FM.