• Low ball offers, players getting angry

superDISA85
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I manage a Finnish team HJK. I am currently on my season 3, last season was in UCL, and now doing well in UEL.

My players are always angry at me when I receive offers <1 million, and do not accept them. The players are for example U21-players of Brazil, national team players of Japan or Colombia. It does make zero sense for me to sell them, and it really ruins the game since all the players hate me. Can't really do any transfer deals, since I don't receive any funds from selling them either. 

For example, this 20 year-old-gem who other clubs are trying to steal me with like 450k offers.

Fine, if this would be that Finnish Clubs are just so low ranked that their players should be stolen. But other Finnish clubs demand me millions for their best players (who I only consider because of the registration rules anyway).

I uploaded a save 

• vainonurmi_hjk2.fm

And here is a screenshot. Plenty of other examples available.

derik_hjk.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Our QA team will take a look over this, but at first glance I don't necessarily see too much amiss here.

You can negotiate offers, and when players are unhappy you will be having the option to interact with them. Clubs are going to play to their strengths and away from the bigger leagues your players will be prime candidates for being unsettled. Particularly with such low wages. 

If you're not spending the time to identify & work on bringing in players from your fellow Finnish sides then this can result in them feeling comfortable making high demands. Identifying players a couple of windows in advance and playing the situation to your strength when contracts are expiring and building up pressure on the club to sell helps reduce prices enormously.

This happens to all clubs even big clubs like Man City, Liverpool, other clubs will always try to offer very low price to unsettle your young players.

The problems here is that the price offered is way lower than the market values, most times it comes with unrealistic terms (e.g. international appearance, after 50 league appearance, more than 20 league goals) to pretend to be a good offer.

And they keep sending new offers without significant increase in the price. On the last day of the transfer window, you might get 4-5 offers for the same player which is quite annoying.

The workaround is to dicuss with the player to set the asking price.

It has been reported in past versions and I don't see any improvement in FM23.

• SI Staff

It's worth separating your post out into two parts @nicholas.shen 

On 02/01/2023 at 04:19, nicholas.shen said:

This happens to all clubs even big clubs like Man City, Liverpool, other clubs will always try to offer very low price to unsettle your young players.

The problems here is that the price offered is way lower than the market values, most times it comes with unrealistic terms (e.g. international appearance, after 50 league appearance, more than 20 league goals) to pretend to be a good offer.

And they keep sending new offers without significant increase in the price.

If clubs are able to offer higher wages, higher squad status then even at the elite clubs you will find players potentially getting their heads turned. It does happen, and you have more tools at your disposal to mitigate this. A player being unhappy about not getting a move isn't the end of the world. If you put yourself in a strong position you can simply wait this out, integrate them at your own pace and it will usually work out positively. There's no guarantees, different player personalities and the likes may make selling better in the long run. 

You will find you can wield this same influence over others though. 

On 02/01/2023 at 04:19, nicholas.shen said:

On the last day of the transfer window, you might get 4-5 offers for the same player which is quite annoying.

In particular with this instance though, if you have any save games of a deadline day where this is happening our QA team have identified they would like to look into further. If you can create a new thread about this should it happen to you again then its an area we definitely want to look into some more.