• Have no options when trying to sign players in the depths of Northern Ireland tier 3

Conoalie
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I've started a save as Banbridge Town in Lough41 Premier Intermediate League. My whole squad are on amateur contracts so cost me nothing, my club has a "semi-professional" status. When I try to sign a player everything is greyed out apart from appearance fees and the other fee and bonus options. I can't offer amateur contracts, I can't offer part-time contracts. I can only seem to sign players on non-contracts and pretty much any player who starts doing well just gets an offer from another club of a non-contract with an appearance fee on it and just accepts it. My only option seems to be to offer similar non-contract deals but as my team only has £108p/w wage budget, that worked for like 5 players and now I'm knackered.

I expected it to be difficult playing down here but I just don't understand why I can't offer amateur contracts to free agents or part-time contracts to players.

I've uploaded the save as "NI Save.fm" but I don't know how much use it is.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Having just had my first youth intake I'm having the same problem. I can't sign a single one because the only contract option I seem to be able to offer is a non-contract with a £20 appearance fee.. which my club can't afford. So my youth intake is also worthless now.

Having frustratingly went through all of the players to see if any would budge on their playing time and appearance fee demands... they didn't... so I hit the "ask director of football to sign recommended players", hit continue and low and behold, every single player signed a multi year youth contract with no wages or bonuses or fees... 

What the hell?!?!

I've uploaded 2 more save files to narrow into this youth intake issue if that helps.
    "NI Save before youth intake.fm" 
    "NI Save After youth contracts.fm"

Edited by Conoalie