• No League Schedule in new season

prophetu
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Not sure if this is the best place to post, but does not seem to fit anyhere.

Playing in Romanian First League in 2028. Usually the league starts in the middle of July. I managed to get to the middle of August, but the new season did not schedule. I still can view the results from the 2027/2028 season with no matches left to play. 

Is there anything I can do here or the save is completely broken?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

3 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Thanks for taking the time to share this one with us. This one is with our QA team and they're looking into it further.

Awesome. Thank you for this! Let me know if I can help further. Does the QA team work with sprints or SLAs for tasks? Want to understand the estimated time frame for an answer. In terms of priority, I would consider this game breaking, but not sure how spread it could be. Sorry, the PM in me asking questions now to see if I can count on playing the game soon :) 

On 19/12/2022 at 07:55, Michael Sant said:

Thanks for taking the time to share this one with us. This one is with our QA team and they're looking into it further.

Hey Michael,

Is it possible to please share what the status is and when can we expect updates, please? 

Would be nice to know if this is in progress or not or it's awaiting prioritization (and if so, if there's an estimate for this).

Would like to know as the issue is game breaking and this was my only save and would like to know if I should wait or try and start over. 

Well, I don't actually want to start a new save. It was my only save and I had a lot of time invested in it. I would hope it can be solved and would really appreciate an update, even if it's "nothing yet. We have no clue".

I brought up this issue on Dec 1st...

Said they would look at it but didn't hear anything more. I went back to the earliest save file I had but it didn't help. As it was 2033/34 I didn't want to restart so played out the season, won the cup because no other team arranged friendlies so my guys were always in top condition going into games. I wanted to quit because it's a pretty big downer, instead I just wrote the season off, it all went back to normal the following season, plus it was a really fun save up until that point.

As I said in my original post, though, there were only two things that were different to my usual off-season routine before the no fixtures season; I attended a cpu v cpu game to watch a player, and my board decided to look for somewhere to build a new stadium. If either of those happened in your save it could have something to do with the problem. Whether it can be solved or not is beyond my knowledge.

Awesome. Thank you! I'll try and see if it gets back to normal after one season. Maybe holiday during the night and if it works, I'll play it.

None of the two things happened. I did not watch a CPU va CPU game and we already had a new stadium. Moved into it in April and already were expanding it.

I'll see if it comes back to normal after a season. What happened with European qualification when the league was not played?

I just went back and looked at the fixtures. The season that had no league games I was in the CL but had to qualify for the CL proper, however, the next year I was straight in to the CL with no qualifying. My guess is because I played out the season and got to the knockouts it raised my rating so I no longer had to qualify the following year. It might be worth considering playing the season instead of holidaying to get the best out of it, plus the £2.4m you get per win goes a long way in Romania. I did create a separate save to holiday to the next season to see if it went back to normal, and when I saw that it did I decided I may as well go back to play it out. I'd assume whoever qualified from the previous season will remain qualified again.

Btw, it's also a pretty quick season to play through if you do go that route, I had 21 games total which were the Supercupa, CL and getting to the Cup final. The only real headache is keeping the players fit by constantly arranging friendlies, but if you let your assistant take charge of the games you can breeze through in good time.

Just to update here. Played the season with no league games. Next season everything was back to normal and the same teams qualify for European competitions. 

You might miss out on some player development because of no actual games scheduled and you have to schedule a lot of friendlies to keep the squad match fit.

On a separate note, I now understand how some people get so many points on the season leaderboard. I missed out on overtaking your no1 spot by only around 30.000 points :))

Good luck!

I literally have no idea how the leaderboards work, but it is quite cool to officially be the best in the world at something, so thanks for pointing it out. I now have something to put on my gravestone. And just so you know, I moved on from Romania, the higher ups kept refusing my requests and were holding me back so I rage quit and went to Portugal, and now in Germany, so my score wont be getting any better which gives you the chance to overtake me.

Btw, did you find that none of the other teams in Romania arranged friendlies so they were always lacking match fitness when you played them? I think that was part of the reason it was so easy to breeze through and win the cup, well, that and that my team was better than all the others anyway.