• Extremely unrealistic AI behaviour and overall match experience.

Drake
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

It's hard to put a finger on one single thing going wrong here, there're too many. Match made no sense. Played in full periodically alt-tabbing as I normally do, and, well... I'll just post a screenshot and a PKM.

How's that for a return leg of a CL quarter final?

image.png.0304f90f65ad559409813b4c82d7b878.png

P.S. It's such a bummer they got that 1 shot in. It literally came at 120th minute if I'm not mistaken. Would've been even nicer for it to be a goal to complete the picture of impeccable realism.

P.P.S. ok, to list a few things going wrong here, just to make sure no one misunderstands what I'm trying to say (even though I think the screenshot really is self-explanatory):

1) completely unrealistic number of shots taken and xG in a game of such magnitude against opponent of that caliber, even left with 10 men. You probably won't often see this many shots in professional vs unprofessional matches let alone at this level. Probably a consequence of defending issues ME has right now.

2) crazy very early red cards (deserved) happen way too often in FM23. Players just fly into these completely ridiculous two-footers for no reason in the most important games. Both AI and your own players.

3) complete inability of AI to adapt to being a man down. It failed at everything - both defending and attacking, couldn't even park the bus properly.

I'll even attach the tactic used, I don't think it's unrealistic or broken in any way in principle, but yes, it does work TOO well in current ME. Probably because it produces a lot of through balls and 5 players potentially can get on the end of them so defensive AI can't deal with it properly. I was a recent switch, so more of these "wonderful" games might come...

Aston Villa v A.C. Milan.pkm 4-3-3 Double Mezzala.fmf

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.