• Previous/next arrows not working properly

DGcardenas24
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Hi,

First of all, I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I hope yes, because if it is done on purpose is a completely nonsense.

The thing is that this year, when you want to navigate through all the items you have edited, the "previous/back" button does not take you to the last item you visited, but to the last item you edited. In other words, every time you open a new item it is added to the bottom of the "opened items list", and the previous button takes you to the previous item which was added to the list, instead of to the previous screen you visited. For that reason, you have to navigate through each of the pages that you opened before (even if you finished with them) to get back to the main page you are working on (For instance, you would have to navigate through all the players of a team that you visited to get back to the team´s page).

Example: Let´s say I want to edit Real Madrid players Gareth Bale, Toni Kroos, Karim Benzema and Thibaut Courtois.

Previous editions, the route was:

Open Real Madrid > Open Gareth Bale > Back button to come back to Real Madrid > Open Toni Kroos > Back button to come back to Real Madrid > Open Karim Benzema > Back button to come back to Real Madrid > Open Thibaut Courtois

This year, the route would be the following:

Open Real Madrid > Open Gareth Bale > Back button to come back to Real Madrid > Open Toni Kroos > Back button to come back to Gareth Bale > Back button to come back to Real Madrid > Open Karim Benzema > Back button to come back to Toni Kroos > Back button to come back to Gareth Bale > Back button to come back to Real Madrid > Open Thibaut Courtois

As you can see, the previous button does not take you to the last page you visited (Real Madrid). Instead, it takes you through all the previously opened items, which is extremely annoying, specially if you are editing several items. 

I hope this can be solved and soon it will be designed in the same way as in previous editions, because this year the user experience is very poor due to this system.

Cheers,

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

As a fellow editor who is using the tool every day for many hours, I also find that thing very disturbing. I think that we should be looking for life quality changes instead of messing with things that were working properly before. After all, we should be looking to make our lives easier.